1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

76 Sopru resto

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by David H, Sep 18, 2016.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Sliders or full glass?

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Full glass RHR. Swapped from 3/4 & flipper. Usual rust problems caused this.
    Others glass a full 5mm higher & wider & 8mm wider on the upper rear curve. Doesn't fit.:(
    Had experience with the others before re sliders.
    http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/advise-please-windows-originality-or-practicality.54688/
    I'll post photos but be careful which business you deal with. One wants your money the other wants a good experience for their customers. Yeah.. not all parts are available when you want them. Be patient from the preferred supplier.;)
    After "window you supplied doesn't fit" response, I'll post 'subject to moderators approval' & I'll show the difference between glass.'
    Not the money...the principle.
    Cheers,
    David H

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Very hard to judge quality from website catalogues, and sadly, a lot of stuff sold to us, should not even be available, as it's "Not fit for purpose". :(

Just causes a heap of angst and effort, to hold those sellers responsible to refund hard earned cash, including having to take the time and effort to package up and return to sender.:mad:

Hopefully you will "Name & Shame" to avoid others having the same experience.....;)

David H likes this.
  4. David H

Hi Grantus,
    Nothing wrong with speaking the truth & putting the banner up & if I can't do that in a democracy I'm off !;)
    If it doesn't fit, it's 'not of merchantable quality' cos' it doesn't 'meet the purpose for which it was intended' which may have been to fit in that window gap available!:rolleyes: Trade Practices Act. Available all states in Aus.
    Cheers,
    David H

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  5. David H

May return in a small box after attempts to put in smaller space (because it was too large to fit) failed & it shattered.
    Less postage to get refund!;)

6. David H

24 hrs later no response from JK. Service....what's that?
    Not Cheers,
    David H

7. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I don't understand why companies spent x amount of time and money making moulds etc,But don't put that extra effort to make sure it fits 100% correct like original .It honestly can't be that hard or is it .:confused: :(

8. David H

Sold it. Got your money. Oh...did you want it to fulfill the purpose for which you purchased it.
    We're all human & fallable but I love the joke about the guy buying a flashy fishing lure. Asks sales guy " Do the fish go for these?" Sales guy " I don't know ..We don't sell them to the fish"!
    It's a real 'busy' world out there about money flow. We came off the 'gold standard' courtesy of US treasurer Paul Volcker in 76 & the G7. Decision was to expand the 'pool' of money by releasing countries need to hold gold to a % value of the currency they had printed. Beyond that the 'pool of money' just got bigger & that whirlpool (please pay us so we can pay them so they can pay you) just gets faster as all they've done is print more money (that's where the inflation of the Keating era came from.. he increased the 'money in movement 'M3' by 25% each year in the later 80's) so more people have access to money. Bigger pool of money. Greater chance of access to money. GFC hiccup. Game still in play! Money pool getting bigger. What's your share of the larger 'money pool' . Same as before this game started? Therefore you have less %.
    Small thought about money flow might lead you to see that baby boomers who've saved for a life time now need what amount of savings/super at 5% interest to have $100k income (2mill .....not even Boomers have that). Yeah ..they don't have that even tho some others think they're rich.
    It's a big pool of money going fast.
    They made a mold & need to sell a lot. The outcome for others is not the consideration!:eek::rolleyes:;). They need to 'amortise their costs' of making the mold. If they sell one it's expensive... if they sell more the mold costs per unit decrease..
    Old bloke going slow & having a 'rant' about the world. I say 'slow' but I ride my dirt bike like this!:p
    Economics 101 over.
    I do personal service in my business just like Roy & Neil at The Bus Stop.:)
    Cheers,
    David H
    Copyright. DavidH2016

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Pomboy64 and andrewjdriscoll like this.
  9. DanSA

DanSA Active Member

Sorry to hear your troubles with the glass Davids, must be frustrating so near the end. Hopefully they will honour their obligations and, in the meantime, you will have a good product with you shortly I imagine - postage is usually very quick from my experience (with both to be fair)

Crap quality 'repro' parts don't help anyone - totally agree..

10. David H

A full week later & no response from JK at all.:(:mad:

11. DanSA

DanSA Active Member

Think they have closed for Christmas now?
    Poor form tho.

12. Wayne murray

You will not get one either until after the 16 Jan 2017 as they have broken up from today 22/12/2016.:(

13. David H

They had a week before 'knock off' to respond! Just Kampers just 'poor service'.
    Merry Christmas All.:D
    Cheers,
    David H

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Pomboy64 likes this.
  14. Pomboy64

Pomboy64 Active Member

David. Some of the parts coming in just don't fit. I've got to cut down a door seal as it's about 100 mm too long on the sides. I checked with the trimmer he agreed. I should send it back but I I bought it two years ago and can't find the receipt.

15. Wayne murray

You are pretty much spot on there Rubber aren't rubber any more,parts don't fit well or at all .The rubber compounds also are to hard or soft and aren't up to the challenge of what they are meant to do fit correctly.

Pomboy64 likes this.
  16. David H

Given the frustration of "no Kombi home due to RHR glass not going in" I've been unable to refit interior (that I picked up on Christmas Eve) over the break. But always onwards & upwards (to infinity & beyond aka ......toy story) so here's what we did. I say 'we' because my partner gave me curtain fabric (I chose) for Christmas & the manufacture of same. She is doing the hard yards & gets the jobs I can't do & I get the jobs we can both do but she doesn't have to do because she did the hard part of making the curtains & thus I got to sew on the little track runners!:rolleyes: She's the bomb & they look great.
    My little bit 80 of .jpg

A small tease re interior front door cards.
    Door panel2.jpg If you check previous seat photos you'll see the darker lower door colour comes up & meets with the seat lower darker colour. Guess what colour the kick panels are? No prizes! Enjoy... I am. They'll look great in the bus.
    Happy New Year.:)
    Cheers,
    David H

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Pomboy64 likes this.
  17. DanSA

DanSA Active Member

So close!
    It's a job on my wife's list too, still have some old fabric from the period to replace the old, slightly molding, curtains.

18. Wayne murray

David H new name coming up Buzz lightyear:eek:;):p

19. David H

Thanks Kimosabee!
    I rather like it.:):rolleyes: To infinity & beyond!
    At least I'll be a toy that strives & won't need renovating!
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  20. Wayne murray

But kids like playing with them and they brake,made out of plastic.!