1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A trucklod of Kombis

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by 77bay, Mar 16, 2006.

1. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Finisehed work at 6.30 this morning and get onto the gateway near the airport knowing it's too late to play spot the splitty for KB, but wait what's this... Parked up near Primitive Surf is a car carrier with a brown splitty, a hippy bay and a trakka. Looks like the busses from the kombi lifestyle event are heading north, but to where? Are they all from one private collection? If so they are one lucky body. :D

2. 66van

66van New Member

I went passed there on my bike at 7 am. They were still there. Need to carry my camera with me.

3. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

I think the Trakka is owned by Steve Muller and the splitty owned by Bill, organisers of the lifestyle run.

4. 58camper

58camper New Member

Well spotted.
    Yes, the truckload of Kombis arrived back here in Sydney at lunch time today and all vehicles are now tucked away after some minor hiccups.

I spotted the carrying truck at 12 am today pulled over on the side of the road about 2 kms from my house and the driver was trying to work out where he needed to offlaod the cars. When I pulled up and told him it was my Splitty on the back he reckoned I was pulling his leg. It was soon sorted out.
    The cars fitted in really well with the Life and Tour display at the Piazza Southbank.
    Look out for Volkswagen Group Australia to continue with their support for heritage VW and their enthusiasts during the rest of the year.
    Bill Moore

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Hey Bill, is it coming to Newcastle?

6. 58camper

58camper New Member

Not sure of the exact locations for all of the year but do know there should be a large event at Old Bar later in the year which may incorporate all of the new Kombi and Caddy Life and Tour models.
    Watch this space.

7. kombibob

kombibob New Member

hi bill
    your bus was stored at my work for a while(patrick autocare) i made sure she was looked after while in our compound
    very nice bus 8)