1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFL Grand Final Collingwood vs St Kilda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gerry and Robyn, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

It doesn't get any better.These two local clubs in the final slugging it out for the first time in 44 years, and the second time ever. If you follow this amazingly spectacular code you would have to consider yourself very lucky to be in the grandstand looking on. I can't wait.

2. Ganga

Ganga Active Member

Go SAINTERS:cool:

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

I have to work.

GO PIES

4. malibu

malibu Member

From north of the border,whats AFL?? We only play real footy up here!(is it true that even if you miss,we know you were trying so we will give you a point?)

5. Ganga

Ganga Active Member

No, if you miss it's out of bounds on the full, And a point could win you the Grand Final so every point counts. Haven't you noticed that only the best and most skilled Rugby players convert to our game because it's a hard and skillfull game. AFL also gets huge crowds over 100,000 at the MCG for Grand Finals. So take the time out to watch and learn our native game, you might learn something and even enjoy it. Get your head out of the sand mate, it's very unpatriotic to bag our Australian

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  6. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the two rugby codes be more accurately described as "handball"?!

I am looking forward to the match, I have hated the Saints ever since the Rod "Professor Chaos" Butterss presidency but my deep loathing of Collingwood is hardwired so will necessitate I barrack against them .... go the Saints!

For the northerners, here is a picture of the former St Kilda president:
    [​IMG]

7. ahoogah

ahoogah New Member

I would love to see the biffo boys last even two "sprints" of the MCG let alone a full game.

The MCG arena now has a total of approximately 20,000 square metres in area and measures 171 x 146 metres in length, from fence to fence. The boundary line measures five metres from the fence.

Each code has it's merits.

Go Saints

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

COLLINGWOOD are extending their "LOSER MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE" for another week....If your loser team( AFL/NRL) is out of the final race...join up and feel wanted...feel like a winner...be a winner...you don't have to be a loser...have a team to cheer for, at least for another week..:lol:

9. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

As long as my ar..... :eek:
    points to the ground I will support any team playing Collingwood.
    Go The Saints.
    :p

10. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

Is this the game where you aim for a 'goal' to score 6 ? but if you miss by less than a double garage width you get 1 for a 'nice effort' ?
    ...and the game where if you drop the ball it still counts as a catch because for a millisecond it wasn't looking like dropped catch but was ?

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

No, it is the sport where you receive a point for all scores by foot, hand or body between the two outer posts, and 6 points specifically for kicking it between the two centre posts. I am not sure why this is so difficult for northerners to understand :wtf: - many other sports also have multiple scoring opportunities (eg field goals versus touchdowns or tries, or 3-pointers for balls thrown from outside the key).

12. mark78

mark78 Member

Go Saints! May Riewoldt Lead The Boys To Victory! Go The Spirit Of 66! :)

13. ritasbus

ritasbus New Member

From a Saints supporter, the way the Pies are playing, it will take one hell of an effort to beat them:umm: GO SAINTS

14. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

You mean hand-egg? Foot hits the ball in football. Hands carry an egg in thugby. I' sorry what's that, I can't hear you - your neck muscles have affected your voice.

15. malibu

malibu Member

My, aren't they touchy south of the border.(Must be the tight shorts).I gave up on the sport when Warwick Capper was your hero!! 'Nuff said.

16. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Warwick Capper was a magician on the field. Gary Ablett too. Off field, well, um. Ok yes I see thugby has its merits. Two merits, specifically. No Gary Ablett and no Warwick Capper.

17. vinny

vinny Active Member

those skillful nrl players convert because they are offered obscene amounts of money, not because its hard and skillfull haha.

18. malibu

malibu Member

AFL gets huge crowds because there is nothing else to do in Mexico.(and don't get me started on Hot Pants Capper) Now there's a bloke who could do with a brain transplant.

19. another Harvey

another Harvey New Member

In order to have a transplant you need to replace one brain with another.. The.. 'a-hem' self named 'Wizard' didn't actually *have* a brain to begin with..
    He was an incredible player though.. Capper, Modra, Ablett.. All greats.

League and Union have thier good points too... like.. umm.. stuff ;)

20. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Capper retired in 1991 and was widely considered a joke down south!