1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aircooled T3 vs subaru

Discussion in 'Performance' started by tillis, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

What sort of duals?
    The prog is a good carb if it gets preheat

2. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

For sure, its going into custom veedub thursday and peter will be setting up and tuning my beauty, in relation to the single weber thats how it was set up and 'all' the fuel inj had been removed , im not even sure if the current donk was the original or replaced at the time efi was. Just an aside the two gurus that have spent time on car both 'highly' recommended extraction of said weber.
    Will post on outcomes later in the back half of next week, also i feel a little bit of a discussion coming , if it looks like a t3 buts powered like a t2
    and auto to boot , then maybe it'll be the t25.haha or perhaps just another representation of humanity and technology working in harmony .

3. evan&janine

Carbs original set up , solex34, (weber in box). Put on about 60kms getting home, it was nice to hit rise and not lose 50% of speed. Take off was still a little doughy but auto went well, with kickdown and it seemed to have longer time between gear changes. I'm only after daily driver so econ over perf.
    Evan and Janine.

4. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Hi Evan and Janine...Rob here. It was mentioned earlier in this thread there may not be enough height in T3 engine bay for downdraft carbs but obviously there is in your case. Do you know if stock T2 manifolds were used and how much height is there for air intake?...Rob

5. evan&janine

Hey Rob , thanks for reply im not sure height of manifolds,what i can do for you ill contact c/vw . I did believe that the carbs would have tin top filters on each, however its back to the black air box across the two carbs. Put about $50 worth of fuel driving from home to boonah then to home onto the gap on brisbane northside then home, up around 350-400 kms through the new set up. 1/4 tank left. Happy with the new freedoms. Just have to figure out keeping 1/4 glass in open posi when driving. Cheers.

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Try compressing the top rivet.
    Not with a hammer ;)

evan&janine likes this.
  7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Got the same issue here.:(

Def a door card off number to access the clamp on the base of the bottom hinge inside the door. How to get a tool onto that clamp to tighten it....has made me put the job in the "too hard basket" for the time being. ;)

evan&janine likes this.