1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aus Motoring Enthusiast party needs your help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by evsky, Aug 27, 2013.

1. evsky

evsky Member

Hi Im not into politics normally but since im into my cars I think we should all get on board. To many people I know are scared to use their cars because of the fear of unfair police and with stricter and stricter rules things are only going to get worse. I know the kombi seen is not normaly targeted but still the more the merrier. So heres a few links to facebook and a related thread if you hit the like or share that would be good. Cheers

http://www.downshiftaus.com/2013/an-ope ... e-premier/
    https://www.facebook.com/AustralianMotoringEnthusiastParty

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

How are the police being unfair.....If you don't break the rules they can't book you..... No matter how hard they try.

3. evsky

evsky Member

You need to read the story on the downshift site. It's not that simple.

4. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

The Facebook page doesn't exist...

I did read the story.... and I do think it's that simple. It might be an inconvenience to have the police go over your vehicle, but if you aren't bending or breaking the rules they have to let you on your way because they won' be able to find anything wrong. Sorry.

Maybe instead of having a go at the police for just doing their job the finger should be pointed where it belongs- towards the "few" who flout the rules and give the "many" the joint bad reputation that means the police treat all "enthusiasts"- law abiding and otherwise- in the same manner.

Abby.75

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  5. evsky

evsky Member

Facebook link works for me might have just been down or something. If you haven't had any issues thats good vote for someone else.

6. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

Before you decide to vote for this party, it might pay to do some research about who they actually preference!!!

Also I see nothing wrong with how the downshift kids were treated, the event may have been legal, but the cars certainly were not, I think they should just stop complaining and instead use their time wisely, like making their cars road worthy (yes I know about all the un calibrated equipment, but other than loosing 5 minutes to go down to your local cop shop and getting a re-test, it's not that big of a deal!)

7. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

Well said Abby.

My daughter was one of the kids that attended the downshift event. Drives a golf. I say, if you're not doing anything wrong, you're in the clear. Rock on Coppers.