1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batemans Bay camp spots???

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Schmoburger, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

ANybody know of any half decent places one can fre camp in or around Batemans Bay? planning a trip down there next week. AMenities nearby are definitely a good thing :D :cool:

Cheers!

2. JerryCann

JerryCann Member

Camping spots

Did some urban camping just out of Batemans Bay before xmas.
    Really liked Malua Bay, nice picnic area and good swimming spot too. Located down sandy track, turn left at T intersection just as you come into town. Loos. But I dont camp at the beach cos I dont like being moved on, rather I park in front of nearby house that is flat, preferably with unlocked wireless internet. Its not that uncommon.
    I look for internet with laptop and a program called "Network Stumbler". It tells you weather signal is locked or not, and when in range. Usually doesnt take too long to find one. Then I can get email and look at Kombi club!
    cheers, Jerry

3. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia Member

Urban Camping

I don't camp at the beach either, rather I park in front of nearby house that is flat, preferably with unlocked loo. It's not that uncommon. :eek:

I look for a loo with 'U-Bend Stumbler'. It tells you whether the loo is locked or not, and when in range - it can also "query" the cubicle to see if it "engaged" or not. Usually doesn't take too long to find one. Then I can be relieved and look at Kombi Club!

4. Schmoburger

HAHHAHAHAHAHHA you guys are mad!:D Ruth I must invest in a copy of U-Bend stumbler as there is nothing worse than a locked or engaged loo! hehehe

Jerry, Malua Bay sounds rather appealling so I am thinking I may have to explore a little! :cool:

Ta!

Kieran

5. gemma

gemma New Member

go further south , the moyura airport, theres a great spot right on the beach . blue me away, when I saw it. And if you go further south, contact and we will give you all the secret spots Toot, and all that at Moyura, quite as.

6. Schmoburger

Ta Gemma... we'll see how we go. Might have to grab ya number sometime and will get in touch if we decide to treck down a litlefurther south! :cool:

Cheeers!

7. Telekombi

Telekombi New Member

Hey mate,

Stayed at south durras a few weeks ago, right on the beach at /near big four caravan park and only 15 mins from Batemens Bay. was very nice as borat would say, would recommend just look out for the turnoff from the highway as it comes up quick....if you head further south Mystery bay is a go as well...... good luck

8. gemma

gemma New Member

Mystery bay

Tis further south almost to us, but does cost, does'nt mean that there aren;t spots thar are freebies. though.. do you surf, is your visit related to anything in particular???

9. Schmoburger

Nah no particular reason... just a spur of the moment kinda roadtrip. :cool:

And nope.. don't surf... can't even swim! lol

CHeers!

10. Marty

Marty Active Member

I'm not going to say anything! :D *grin*

11. NadsNRossi

NadsNRossi New Member

Hey Schmo we're lucky we get to live in this gorgeous part of the world and see it every day, give Congo a go (if you can handle pit loo's) its about 15mins outta moruya right on the beach and shouldnt be too crowded, Gemma's right, the airport camping ground is fantastic, also Barlings Beach Caravan Park is right on the beach and not to far from Bbay, check it out!!! http://www.barlingsbeach.com/cabins.html

12. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

13. petegardem

petegardem Member

ITS all good

Congo , I havn't been there for about ten years but if its anything like it was then its definately worth a look . It gets pretty busy in holiday times ( but where doesn't) . Potato Point has a really peaceful clean safe beach . Bawley Point (30 min north of B Bay) really good camping, and make sure u visit Tilba,its like stepping back into the 1800s . Where ever you go its all good , have a good trip:D :p :)

14. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

if u want a nice secluded spot that is pretty much on the beach well away from all traffic with male/female toilets then go to lilli pilli beach which is 18 mins south of batemans bay.
    i went there on the easter long weekend and we were the only ones there. It is absolutely stunning! I do have pics but they are too big to upload.

Last edited: May 19, 2008