1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Drain Question

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by So Rude, Oct 7, 2011.

1. So Rude

So Rude New Member

Hi

So I have finally gotten tired of charging the battery on my bus and getting yelled at by the other half.

Wired in my multimeter to check any current draw and I get....... 149mA draw with the bus technically off.

I have the following aftermarket stuff installed:

UHF Radio installed.
    Thermo fan.
    digital clock (installed by someone else at some point when they must have been cool)
    Radio/CD/DVD player

The radio unit has been playing up lately (coming on in the bus when the bus is started but the radio had been turned off the last time we used the bus) and losing all of the radio channels.

So I'm guessing it's the radio but approximately what current draw should I be expecting to stop my battery going flat (bus is only used for short trips atm)?

I'll start pulling fuses tomorrow and I'll dig around to find the radio fuse first but all comments welcome.

Scott

2. So Rude

So Rude New Member

Think I have found a faulty empi thermo fan switch... Just need to double check.

3. So Rude

So Rude New Member

Got it. 149mA down to ZERO!

4. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Good bit of detective work there.

5. emby

emby Active Member

What's a thermo fan???
    Why don't I know about it???
    Why haven't I got one??
    Where can I get one???

I hate the kombiclub... it forces me to spend money I don't have on things I don't need just because some else has one :mad:

:lol:

6. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Stop asking questions like the ones above and dollars reduce. If it aint broke etc.

7. emby

emby Active Member

Point taken Al.;)

8. francispj

francispj Member

I have a battery drain problem -I installed a battrey shutoff switch at the battery terminal - will get around to finding the problem but it has saved my battery for now