1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bay Window Kombi insured for business use

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by PhotoBus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Does anyone have a Bay insured for business use? If so, who with

TIA

2. Dudo

Dudo New Member

I had my with Shannon's, they where pretty good, still with them but only occasional driving now.

3. Nashies

Nashies New Member

We had to pay extra with Shannons to cover it for business as well as personal use but that was cool! :)

4. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

OK Interesting. I currently have my WRX with Shannons (limited use) wifeys Honda Jazz (daily driver) Jensen Interceptor (laid up/extreme limited) and house and contents with them, though last time I was on the phone to them I was after a quote on a Falcon and said it would be part business use (shuffling clients about) and they said not interested.
    Might be worth another call to them, as its good to keep everything in together, though I still need the public liability etc.

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I know our work utes are easily claimable as bussiness exspences due to the fact they are a 1 tonne payload. Means you don't have to log all trips as bussiness v's personal.
    As far as I know, the kombi is a 1 tonne payload.
    I don't know how old cars go, but you may be able to claim your exspences on it if you classify it as a purely bussiness vehicle. That would offsett the extra on insurance with a tax rebate.

6. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Cool. Well this will be 100% business use, unless I end out selling the Subaru... in which case it will probably be about 50:50

7. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Just thought I should update this thread.
    Shannons was a no-go.
    Even though EVERYTHING I own is insured with them, as the Kombi is for business use they don't want a thing to do with it.
    My Business Insurance broker has got me a policy for it, insured at market value (what I paid for it) still cost me nearly $700 which was a bit more than I had expected, its probably more than my WRX costs to insure! Anyhow, all sorted now at least…