1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bay window temporary windscreen - pass the parcel!!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by happysyncro, Jan 14, 2019.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

If no one else is able to grab it from you Roger then Woz and Alice will be good custodians - I just thought it might be nice to let it have a bit more of a trip :)

2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Hi Roger,

Great to hear from you again.

How is that luxurious home on wheels going?

We are all itching for a syncro trip somewhere although I think an outback rather than far north coast trip would be ideal with the Farmers struggling - we could at least grace their towns with our presence somewhere along the line....

3. happysyncro

happysyncro New Member

As we are now into February 2019, could I suggest that we let plan A run to the end of this month after which Alice and Wuz's welcome offer wins the day. I will contact them and make an arrangement to drop it down to them next time I am in Williamstown. This should allow plenty of time to make any appropriate handover arrangements in Mallacoota.
    Cheers
    Roger

4. happysyncro

happysyncro New Member

P1290632 (2).JPG
    Hi Scott likewise good to hear from you and note that impressive fleet of VW's that your family owns. The T5 really is a superb vehicle in 4motion diff locked Trakkadu format and if I was using it more off road, I'd be tempted to add an adjustable air suspension to overcome its one shortcoming of somewhat limited ground clearance., As an urban dweller I'm also keen to maintain the benefit of getting in car parks with 2.1m clearance. We did 60,000 Kms in its first 3 years but only 20,000 in the last 3 mainly due to my wife's health problems.
    Still I look at my pictures of our Cape York and round Tassie trips and think how lucky I've been to have had a T3 syncro and some great VW enthusiasts in my life.
    Came across some T3 stickers on line which I will have to send to the Syncro Register for their amusement or even low cost purchase. As I age this one haunts me.
    Hope your trip planning comes to fruition.
    Cheers
    Roger

5. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Thanks Roger.

We all love stickers:D

Enjoy that lovely palace on wheels you have....

6. Miss Rosie

Miss Rosie Member

Loved the video! I lived in Bamaga for 3 years in the mid 80s...we used to convoy down to Twin Falls and in those days we had the place to ourselves. I rode my Honda XR200 over Gunshot many times...we'd fly ahead of the 4WDs. I do remember one time when it was so steep I had to put my feet down and help the bike. Fantastic times. In serious awe of a T2 doing the trip. The bitumen is slowly creeping north...I would love to see it left as one vast national park. In the afternoon after work I would ride my pushbike up the tip road with my dogs...the tourists would come along and suddenly see me in the middle of nowhere.Eventually there will be a bridge over the Jardine which I believe is one of the last totally untouched rivers in Australia.I'm up in the Torres Strait at the moment on Masig Island...home to Cairns for Easter but just too far to drive to Bus Stop!