1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beachport

Discussion in 'SA' started by BrianK, Apr 10, 2013.

1. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We are currently camping at Beachport for the next couple of days. Even have the puter going as you are all aware off. bought a donga thing yesterday, technology we getting with it. should have bought me mouse as well.

2. deeksy62

deeksy62 Well-Known Member

Don't buy a mouse Brian, it will only get out of its box and chew the wiring on the van, leave the mouse alone.

Steve

3. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

have fun and dont forget tp posy up some pics....

hope nobody nicks your tent....like they did to me :mad:

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Yep your right Steve, no need mousey. would be to many leads running every where as well.

5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Cant do pics till get home mate, forgot the lead to the camera. Besides havent taken any yet. Have already chucked my butane stovey thin away, it bloody caught fire this morning when lit it. Note to sell get fire stinguisher for the van.

6. sacky

sacky Member

Hope your stove was outside when it caught fire Brian, did you turn a day trip into a couple of nights Beachport to the Mount thats a big trip enjoy.

7. sacky

sacky Member

Oops the Mount to Beachport but you have to get home at some stage.

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

That's odd. I've known of people who have had those little tin butane stoves for years and swear by them. Maybe the seal cracked??

Anyway, still heaps better than toting a gas bottle around in the vehicle with you and probably illegal too.

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Aime i know people who swear by them, weve only used this about ten times, i was still on the first cartridge, when it caught fire i quicly turned it of chucked the can and tried another, swoosh it caught fire also, so it all went in the bin.Bacon and eggs was cooked inside the van. I will not buy another, i sell dozens of them a day a work. But i had heard a lady say that one they had exploded so no mkore for me. Still carry gas bottle inside thou.

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

yes mate it was outside, we planned for 2 night here, only an hour from home but just needed to get away for couple of days and just chill and do nothing. Even painted me toe nails for something to do. Now what colour would i use being a magpie supporter.

11. sacky

sacky Member

Blue & White would be a better than black & White have a great chillout.

12. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

I had a couple of those butane stoves and yes one of them caught fire on me, got a hell-of-a fright, they both found the bin real quick, I was thinking of getting a Origo twin burner spirit stove (runs on metho) does anyone know anything about them ? at least you don't have to carry gas bottles and if you get thirsty you can always drink the fuel !!!!!!!! :lol:

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

$437 bucks Geoff pretty dear.

14. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hey BK, Beachport jetty fishes pretty well this time of year...just on dusk and during night into sunrise. See also Salmon Hole round the back of Beachport...you domnt even need a beachrod. JD in Adelaide:cool:

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

JD, we not into fishing mate, we just sat around and relaxed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont forget to pull down pop top before we load for home. Finished all packing jumped in and ready to goi and a chap points to the top, oops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Thanks for the pics. Love your little dog :)

That's an interesting half size pop-top Brian. Has the center roof strengthening section been cut to fit it??

18. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

She dosent like to leave the back yard Aime, but from now on when we go camping she is comeing too. She will be crossing the nullabour in about 6 weeks for the second time, she dont know it yet. She didnt like the last time. I have no idea on the pop top. All i know it does the job for cooking etc.

19. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

I've only even seen one other single pop-top like that and thought it would be great if you didn't have to cut the center bow out. It would be such a relief to be able to actually stand up to pull my strides on in the morning.

20. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Alice and I have used a cartridge cooker for the last couple of years and had no problems, but we are likely to switch back to using the gas bottle and three burner stove in future as the canisters don't last long enough and carrying a dozen spares takes up as much space as a cylinder.