1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluesfest - Anyone going ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guzzler Chief, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Anyone going to Blues fest at Byron this year ???

2. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

That is when I get outta Byron !!!...:lol:
    KC Easter trip to Bonny Hills thank god
    Judy

4. Fingaz

Fingaz Member

hmmm not sure why but they dont have The Beat, Selector or nevile staple's Specials advertised, those guys are the sole reason i might be going hehe. ill be seeing them in brizzy too.

Edit: wups, there advertised as the special beat :p Monday's line up is sweet !

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Love ska music,was really into it 25 years ago...it'd be great to relive a bit of that stuff :cool:

6. Fingaz

Fingaz Member

the scene is pretty small nowadays :cry: most aussie skins seem to be into the Oi music, ill be catching those guys in brizzy though for sure :D

Blues festival is an awsome event indeed but sadly i havn't got the coin this time around.

7. Ang

Ang New Member

I wish I was going:( I love love love John Butler and Xavier but love John the most:heart: :heart: :heart:

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Your not the only one Ang :lol:
    Judy

9. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

And there not coming to Adelaide not happy.

Mind you Blues Traveller would be worth going to see

Dave

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  10. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

As far as I can see the only artist I'd really want to see is Sonny Landreth.
    Great slide player.
    Totally hypothetical, since I can't go anyway:(
    Don & The Terrordales
    OSI The Kamper

11. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Got my tickets back in November before they even gave out the line up !!! Got the Fri-Sun ticket. Hope Martha will be ready for the experience !!

Saw CW Stoneking and Ash Grunwald in Brissie, they were excellent. Seen JBT and Xavier Rudd in London, so will be good to see them on their own soil. And all the other bands that I cant remember/dont know

12. Connie

Connie New Member

Hi, I booked before the line up too. I got ticket for me and dear friend for Friday including a night camp. We will be heading down on thursday night after work and will be camping at suffolk that night then down to the blues fest. I'm looking forward to Michael Franti and the Blind Boys from Alabama. Got2 love that Gospel when singing with ben harper. I am new to the KC and have not met anyone yet, but if you see our green white camper with the Murry art on the window curtains, feel free to come and say hi pls.

13. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Hey Connie, if I havent had too many beers then I will come and say hi if I see you. I havent met any KC members either so you might be my 1st, be gentle with me !!!!

14. Connie

Connie New Member

Lol! T;) hanks Guzzler

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Connie if your staying in Suffolk Park I live there....so might be able to come & meet you on the Thursday night if you'd like :) ...let me know
    Judy

16. Connie

Connie New Member

Hi Judy, Thanks! would be a pleasure to meet you. I won't probably get there till around 8.30pm coz I'm coming after work from Briz, would that be a 2 late for you? You are welcome to send me pm.

Cheers Connie

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

18. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Geez, that is a good lineup!!! Mmmm, Spearhead and several other good acts are scheduled to play on the Thursday, Bonny Hills is just 6 hours away (for the Easter meet).... almost tempting... if it wasn't for the extra expense and distance (and that I'd miss the konvoy north) I'd probably think seriously about it....

Have fun, it looks like it should be a great weekend! :)

19. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'd love to go just for my secret boyfriend, Michael Franti (and Spearhead) alone! but I can't, cos the we'll be down at Bonnie Hills too.

We took our 3 kids for the full 5 days 4 years ago and it was fantastic. The kids just loved it, and our middle one (who's now 8) asked if we could go again one day, so it will definitely happen. Maybe next year.

Enjoy it. :)

20. Croc & Goblin

Croc & Goblin New Member

Were going not sure if Berni will have her road worthy by then, she's at the mechanics this week. Were staying over the road. Friday - Sunday at the tourist village. Were look out for the kombi's hopefully your be to meet Berni too.