1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonnie Hills by air!

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2009' started by Dingostrategy, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Not exactly sure where to put this, so here will do. It's related enough.

Which is the best airport for Port Mac? I know there is a Port Mac airport, but it costs squillions around easter. Newcastle is cheaper, and I'm guessing 3 Kombi hours drive? Coff's Harbour or Ballina/Byron too far, do you reckon?

Just one or two remarks about estimated kombi hours between those airports and Bonnie Hills will help me a great deal. I have a possible guest who can only take off the Easter week and nothing before.

Thanks!

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Probably about 3hours drive from Ballina airport to Coffs...
    Judy

3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Depends on which Kombi is collecting your guest.

Like if it's a northbound Kombi from Vic, surely you'd be better off picking a southside airport like Newcastle, rather than trecking past Bonny Hills to Coffs, to do the return drive... :rolleyes:

4. Archeress

Archeress Guest

yeah and dont look at me....i dont speed anymore.;)

5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Me neither..... never do.... ;)

6. Dingostrategy

Duly noted grant: in fact it doesnt really matter because we're looking at a Good Friday pickup anyway, and I'll be there on the thursday, so north, south, east, west doesnt really matter. Well, east might create some problems I guess.

Thanks Judy - three hours ain't too bad. Note to all: Bookings to port mac are tight and expensive. Nice one folks. I was half hoping someone would identify an airport I don't know about, but it's as I expected. Ballina/coffs/newcastle/port mac looks like the choices.

Nice one. thanks again.

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Go the Newcastle Airport - very easy pick up on the way there and easy drop off on the way back.

8. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Coff's is closer to Bonny hills than newcastle. Close enough for someone to shoot up and pick you up I reckon. I would do it if I was able to get to bonny hills.

Rev.

9. Dingostrategy

Cheers rev - I'll be in the Kombi with any luck, and hoping to pick up said friend personally. Either way it wont matter since I'd drive a long way, just for kicks, in my shiny new Kombi!

10. emby

emby Active Member

Coffs is closer if you're flying from Sydney. You only get Sydney flights in and out of Coffs from the the south. If you're coming from Melbourne then the best place north is Ballina on Jetstar.

If you're coming from Melbourtne then Newcastle may be the go. As posted eealier Ballina is 2 and a half to three hours from Coffs (Bang on halfway from Brissy to Coffs) but then you have an extra hour and a half to 2 hours to go to get to Bonny Hills

11. OberonViking

OberonViking Active Member

I reckon Richard Hammond could pick up from the east, but...