1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brass T section troubles

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by butch, Aug 5, 2019.

1. butch

butch New Member

Hey everyone

So I got some new fuel lines 5.5 and the 7mm with new clamps and the new brass T section.

Now it's 5.5mm from the T to the carbies but I can't get the 5.5 on there at all. The 7mm fits nice but is too big to run to the carbies.

Has anyone else had experience using the brass T section?

And also, this is my firat bus and the first time doing the fuel lines so it may seem stupid but I thought it would be 7mm from pump up to T section, then split to the 5.5mm??? Seems unusual to run 5.5 from pump then split to 5.5 at the T section. Pressure on the 5.5mm hose from pump to T section must be under huge stress yeah?

2. butch

butch New Member

Hey is a photo of the brass T section next to the 5.5

Attached Files:

Mr Beckstar likes this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The brass tee looks bigger than 5.5.

Usual to run 7 from tank to filter.
    At the filter you can choose 2 sizes so it will accept 7 and 5.5.
    Run the 5.5 thru firewall to a 5.5 tee then on to the carbs.

Check that spiggot into carbs are tight.
    Epoxying them in and tie wiring are good insurance.

David H, Mr Beckstar and tintop like this.
  4. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a 1/4 inch brass tee. Go to Pirtek or any other hose place and get a 3/16 and you will be fine. Yes, I know it isnt metric but a brass air line tee works perfectly. Cost you around $5 and will do the job well. Also use fuel injection clamps instead of the standard cheap worm drive ones. Norma brand in size 10 and 12 or 13 but take the pipe along to get the best fit. Different makers of hose have different external diameters. You want a nice fit loose so the hose can expand over the pipe and then the clamp squeezes without distorting the hose, or in the case of wormdrive ones, tears in to the hose itself.

Adrian

[​IMG]

David H likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Where'd you get the T and hose from?:rolleyes:
    Mick Motors @ Northgate Qld sells them both and if you got it from them take it back for a swap or refund ;)