1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buggergary's 76 sopru camper Flipper

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Buggergary, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Buggergary

Buggergary Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip melissa will try to find that if I have to have another go at it o_O I was thinking the epoxy needed something to stiffen it up a bit. I remember an old product called plastibond that was about years ago I was looking for that but I don't think it's made any more as no one had herd of it and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Looking at the pics I probably should have painted the horn button as well it looks a bit out of place now ;)

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I just bought some Q Bond on eBay

TeeBee likes this.
  3. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Buggergary and oldman like this.
  4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Buggergary, TeeBee and Barry like this.
  5. Buggergary

The horn button got the better of me as it looked dull after I painted the wheel so I painted that as well last week and it looks so much better. I also noticed that the indicator cancel wasn't working and after a good look with the torch I found that the tab that hangs off the wheel was about 2mm short of reaching the canceling tab on the indicator mechanism. I removed the horn ring from the wheel again and placed 3 flat washers under the ring at each screw that holds it to the wheel and that was enough for it to reach the tab and now the canceling function works again.:) This also helped the horn get a better contact on the brass strip that runs around the horn ring.
    122700341_363654801610118_8306872505655830489_n (Custom).jpg 122702544_802880830287981_4988747315926408755_n (Custom).jpg
    The paint cans in the pic are the ones I used to paint the wheel. I haven't used it yet but it has hardened well and seems like it will be a hard wearing finish.

melissa and TeeBee like this.
  6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

7. Luna76

Luna76 Active Member

Looks great, must do my horn ring cancellation too-mine doesnt cancel either side!

8. Buggergary

The horn ring is in good condition it just wouldn't reach the little tab to cancel the indicators. I reckon someone might have had the column apart and not put it back in the right place before I got to it :) There is a fair gap between the column and the wheel the washers were just a quick fix.

melissa likes this.
  9. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Couldn't you raise the ignition housing up closer to the wheelo_O There is a clamp with a bolt that once loosen you can then move the ignition housing. Unless it has never been done, which would mean you would need to drill and easy out the shear bolt out first and then replace it with a normal alien key bolt instead.

Barry likes this.
  10. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Need to look at mine as it doesn’t self cancel