1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2011 - The Details

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by melissa, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Necro

Necro Active Member

I'll settle for that....:lol:

2. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

:) We're thinking along the same lines Al.

3. Royce

Royce Active Member

Island View is a great C/van park. They have a great lower section, backed onto the beach, with really good flat sites, good ensuites and nice people to boot. Had a very memorable couple of weekends there with the DSK crew. The unpowered sites back right up to the beach!

There is a nice cruise to Tilba along the Princess Highway south of Narooma (you are on the highway just south of town) and a great Bakery and Cheese Factory, and some excellent little seafood shacks along the edge of Wadonga Inlet. A great cruise north of Narooma out to Dalmeny as well. Some good surf beaches and nice views etc.

The golf club has a good bistro and magnificent views of the ocean from up on the hill...Good fishing and you can charter boats to Montague Island where you can watch the seal colonies or go deep sea fishing.

The caravan park has some good stuff for kids and a good tennis court...Nice camp kitchen but some ways from the camp sites up the hill, but the trampolines are right behind the camp kitchen which keeps the kids busy...And the beach is beautiful. Fishing along the south near the creek.

It is a great choice for a Bus Stop...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

So you vill be zere?????

5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Brian and Cathy will be there also.:D

6. Meggsie

Meggsie New Member

Count us in, I just booked, this will be our 1st bus stop adventure so excited.

Renelle and Laurie

7. Quincy1874

Quincy1874 Member

Booked and Loaded!!

Craig, Dakota, Ruby (5) & Cooper (4), oh, and Quincy!

8. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Could someone that has booked advise if we are allocated site numbers, or is it first-come first-served? And will they be putting the KC powered-siters together (as in Mt Gambier) or will we be scattered around the park (as per previous years). If it is the latter, maybe we should try to book our sites so that we dominate a section of the park?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  9. Quincy1874

Quincy1874 Member

Good question Mr Housing. . . It seems we haven't been allocated a site on our order form. We are unpowered.

10. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Alice has sent them an email to find out (and also book us a place). :)

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I think they are bunching everyone together as best they can. Make sure you tell them you are with the KC.

12. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

we got so excited when we heard it was not far down the road from us, but being in the Navy, anzac day is a work day for me and i will have to march somewhere. i only just got back tonight from this anzac trip. we went up to woolgoolga, just north of coffs. it was great. will be headin up in the bus asap.

13. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

We've booked a cabin so will be there.

Ian

14. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Will be booking my first Bus Stop adventure ASAP ( too many other expenses at moment Inc Rego on my now re-drivable Bus:D, a 30th B'day bash for myself:eek: and lots of bills :mad:)

Was looking forward to this years one for the best part of last year only to ruin it for myself and loose my license. Not this time.... I will do all I can to get there!

15. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Team Dingo doesn't have a contract that extends into 2011 yet, but human resources has been informed I am taking leave for April/May next year. No booking made thus far but failing a violent natural disaster between Kazakstan and Myanmar, I'm down. Still feeling ripped off about Mt. G so double-keen on this one. It's less than a year to go! Not only but also, the Road from Melbourne to that bit of the coast along the East Coast is one of my favourite bits of the road, and to this day the only fish I ever really caught independently without someone holding my hand was in Narooma. It was a flounder and I was about 13. I thought it was deformed so I threw it back.

16. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

So who wants to share a olympic cabin with me and Sammie?

17. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Looks pretty flash Jon.:)
    Only if I can have one of the queen beds.;)
    Assuming I can make it.

18. melissa

I have been contacted by the park today - when I originally picked the park, the manager was away and they had to wait until he came back to ask about a group discount. Unfortunately, because it is peak time they are unable to offer a discount as they would fill the sites anyway. They have said the price will remain as advertised.

I hope this is still OK with everyone, I think the price at $47 per night for a powered site is still reasonable - especially compared to other prices I was quoted.

19. Quincy1874

Quincy1874 Member

Try $40 for unpowered!!! I hope the grass is green. . .

20. melissa

Thats better than $65 unpowered in Batemans Bay for the night!