1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bus stop 2012 ...Convoy details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2012' started by vwfreak03, Jan 6, 2012.

1. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

hi all,

we will be travelling from Tas a few days early but would like to hook up in a convoy.

are there any organised to go yet ?

if so from where ?

Martin and Angie

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont think any have stated convoy yet. But wont be long. :)

3. sacky

sacky Member

At this stage vwfreak i will be leaving Calder Park BP at 8 am on the Thursday anybody welcome and i think there might be a group leaving from Geelong at some stage im sure there will be other groups leaving at different times Thur Fri will see what happens as the time gets closer.

4. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

Anyone leaving from The Dandenongs on Thursday?

5. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Leaving from Ballarat around 11am Thursday morning. Will stop for coffee and a pie at the historic township of Maldon around midday, then on through Bridgewater, Durham Ox, Kerang, Lake Boga and finally to Swan Hill stopping along the way as required for leg stretches etc.

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Sydney Siders are welcome to meet at my place at 6am-ish on the Thursday Morning is not far off the Narellan Rd exit on the Hume Hwy.
    Then meet Bernie(Saabman) plus stop for a splash of fuel, a squirt and a coffee on the way through Goulburn then aim for Wagga Wagga or Temora depending on which route for the night? Depending on Co-pilots abilities or amount of Caffeine in our systems of course. With plans to finish at Swan Hill Friday Mid Morning. Hows that sound????
    Otherwise keen to join up with others if already have plans.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I'll be in this one. Coming from camperdown that morning :D I'm making a reccy on the 26th this month at Maldon. Will advise re best pies.

8. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Doing a bit of a road trip

leaving Tas on 31/3 staying at mt Gambier on 1st, Adelaide on 2 & 3 then Mildura on 4th will get to Swan Hill on the 5th.

Anybody leaving Adelaide or Mildura around those dates ?

Martin and Angie

9. Sam&Tweety

Sam&Tweety New Member

Martin & Angie. New to Adelaide, new(ish) member and not 100% sure if I'll have enough money to come (due to being a Uni student) but if I come I would happily knock into a convoy for a laugh.

Sam.

10. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

Come on Sam! You can do it!! Eat more 2-Minute Noodles and Black & Gold baked beans! Save the pennies and live the dream!! :cool:

11. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Kombiwomble and us are arriving a few days early as well, and are going to do a bit of sight seeing then try to join the melb guys somewhere around Ballarat or so on their way through. Cant remember exactly which boat we are on but I think it is Monday night.

Adrian

12. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Just a wee warning re Swan Hill caravan parks. There are 3. the other 2 will happily book you in all the while you are telling them about the Kombi Club. The 2 imposters are known as the big 4...happy to lay odds that at least one person is happily content in their preparedness at already having booked...but at the wrong park. Just rang to confirm my booking and simply googled tel. nos...(twice) and was convinced that I had morphed into a parallel universe as neither had my booking , but both prepared to book me in for the Kombi Club. Must see a Dr about this obsessive compulsive behavior, but I saw one yesterday...and the day before. A further note as Brian K pointed out...dont go to the alternative Bustop not being held at Swan Reach at the same time...both on the Murray, one has a Bustop , the other doesnt. I think I may have been plugging the parallel universe one at Swan Reach? See Mel's opening post for all the info and wisely ignore me. John Doherty in Adelaide ( I think ) :cool:

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont forget your CB Radio if doing the Convoy trip. Here is a bit of info to read.:)

As some of you will be new to UHF I thought a bit of info on the channel allocations would be of interest so here you go.

UHF CHANNEL GUIDE
    Channels:
    Channels 1 to 8 (and 31 to 3 are for repeaters. (these are sometimes called DUPLEX use)
    Each repeater needs a pair of channels to work.

When on channel 1 repeater, channel 31 is also used up, 2 uses 32 – and 3 uses 33 – etc.
    Avoid channels 31 to 38 for general use. If you are within range of a repeater, your voice could exceed 10,000sq km coverage and that repeater, could be made unusable – without your knowledge.

For general travelling use, we suggest the Repeater (REP) or Duplex (DUP) function be programmed permanently ‘ON’ at all times on channels 1 to 8.
    Please avoid transmitting on all the above channels – unless you choose to access a repeater.

Calling channel 11 (allocated in law) But not used.
    This channel is used to call another user who may be listening on the call channel (such as a friend). After contact you must move to another channel.
    Most country operators sit on other general use channels. Scanning all channels is more useful to find these other operators. Most people sit on the highway channel ch.40 then after making a contact they go to a lower channel to chat thus not interfering with ch40.

Channels 22 & 23 are signalling and telemetry channels only. No voice is allowed. (allocated in law)

Channel 40 is used by highway vehicles and trucks. (firmly established by tradition)

Channel 18 is used by caravans and campers. (by courteous agreement)

Channel 10 is for 4WDrivers which is becoming more popular and is recommended officially in national parks. (by courteous agreement)

Channel 5 is for emergency repeaters (allocated in law)
    (For locations please ask for a repeater list)

For other regions, scanning all channels is a far more effective way of locating other UHF users in an emergency.

General use channels are therefore 9 12 17 19 to 21 24 to 30 and 39.

Please note that major cities often have one channel that attracts rude and inconsiderate people but please do not judge your new UHF radio by these people.

Many regional areas will display roadside signs that will state what channel to sit on in case of emergency, ie bushfires etc.

14. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Hmmmm you have me worried now John. Couldn't cope if we had to have our own busstop...lol sure someone could fit us on their site though (like last year...thanks Amie) I did ask to be next to Amie and they did have her name so hoping I have the right place...lol

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Oops, should have read this one first. How you 2 buggers goin then?

Virginia and Jamie, yeh
    :lol:

16. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Great to hear you're coming again this year. Kat will be pleased to hear that. Bus Stop has become the biggest thing she does all year:D

At least if I've booked into the wrong park, we'll have some company:lol:

However, I did phone the park some weeks ago to confirm booking using the phone number at the start of the "Bus Stop, the details" post and it's the right place, so don't worry.

Anyway, I have a new annex this year as the old was was literally falling apart (just ask Jamie) and it's a tad smaller, so plenty of room on my patch:D

17. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Great to hear Kat is coming along again Aime. Her costume from last year will take some bettering.

18. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Neither of us have a clue as to what to come as this year and the clock's ticking:umm:

19. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Finally worked out what I'm coming as and currently working on the props instead of the Kombi, but it will (hopefully) all work out in the end:D

And Wes, there is a magnificent bakery in Maldon, but sometimes the owners act as if it's far too much trouble to serve you. They get really snooty, especially if you arrive just as they're closing up. I always go there, not just for the great pies, but because I like to pee 'em off by making them serve me:lol:

20. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Is there a meeting place in Ballarat Aime? I'm not going to make it to Swan Hill but would be keen to catch up for a quick meet and greet if the convoy comes through "the Rat" and get some Kombi perving in ;)