1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2012 resolutions

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2012' started by Trav&Ren, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

The clock is ticking people, a few months to go now.
    So what are you intending to do to your Kombi in preparation.

I'm willing to start the ball rolling by stating here and now that I will:
    Fit an electric fuel pump & associated bits and pieces.
    Paint pop-top.
    Paint bullbar.
    Replace headlights.
    Paint exhaust (I cheated and did this the other night)
    Oh and I need to put in another baby seat for our baby who will be 4mths old.

Trav

2. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Dropped Worzel in today to have fuel lines replaced, a service, a driver side lock fixed and the sliding door checked out as its dropped.

Next is a wheel alignment and getting the fridge checked out.

3. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

.......Pray!

4. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

sway bar - the wind last week was just insane and its time to try a sway bar.
    few electrical niggles related to aux battery
    - optional depending on what the mechanic says: drop out engine and gearbox to replace linkages which are very, very worn. Engine has to come out for new heater boxes.
    ??oil cooler. It just. runs. a little hot.. Everything tried to get it down - it happily sits on 120 at 105km/h in 35 degrees, but it would just be nice to bring that down a notch. It is potentially an issue with the OG oil cooler and that's the last point of call.
    - fill up the wine storage compartment
    - do something with my awning storage arrangement. Too much junk flying around.
    - i never did get around to getting a new muffler but the EMPI twin is shite.

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I think Ratwell had some good information on sway bar installation for you Dingo.

6. Dingostrategy

Nice one Brad, cheers. Not everyone agrees they help with wind carry but short of the rack-and-peanut system that I yearn for, it's my best option (can't get a steering box.)

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Bought a new electric fuel pump months ago and still haven't fitted the darn thing:umm:

I've been underneath looking around for a tidy and up out of the way place to put it without having to drill holes in the chassis. Holes drilled in chassis lead to cracks, plus there's not a heck of a lot of room under there. So much easier to simply mount it in the engine bay where it's near the fuel lines and fit a tachometric relay (Did I get that right??)

I know why people don't fit them in the engine compartment, but can't see the big deal. If you have a 'splat' then probably the engine is going to stop or you'll turn off the key while you investigate the damage or fight with the idiot who ran into you. The likelihood of the engine running while a disconnected fuel line spurts petrol all over the engine bay are, I'd have to say, extremely remote!!

8. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Can get them Dingo.

http://cbbvw.com/product/144/Remanufactured-Steering-Box-Bus-73---79

I need my auto transmission fixed, has a huge flat spot when warm at 20-30km/h in first.
    Lowered to compensate for cross winds
    Seats recovered.
    Rear bumper deluxe trim.

9. Dingostrategy

Cheers for that Kai - I thought the 73 was different and that it used a different kit. That's a good thing. Still, if you take into account the cost of lowering and rebuilt, plus the extra functionality, those rack and peanuts from das resto haus sure seem cheap. I just can't extend to it right now as Im trying to be a good boy.

I should add a new rear hatch if I can find a good one at the local wreckers. Mine is rusted out.

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Service, check up and maybe a coat of wax.

11. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

:lol:

Yep, I'm at the Pray Place with ye!!

(might give her a bit of a wash too...couldn't hurt!)

12. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

My aim for the last 12 months was for the fiirst time come in a actually kombi....not in a T5 (workvan) anymore ..
    I have spend since last August getting Channon my rat 64 Splitty up & running for this Bus Stop.
    The last 12months have been as most of you know very hard on me...
    so Channon has been my light at the end of the tunnel ...something good coming out of it all..so my goal is Channon & I getting to the Bus Stop

From this.. then:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is nearly ready....bodywork has been done...now working on the roadworthy...brakes, lights, etc....I'm getting there :)

To this...now:
    [​IMG]

13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But if she isn't ready I will bring Mercy......either way I am coming in a KOMBI!!! :)
    and I only have 4 weeks to do this...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  14. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

That's wonderful Judy, think positive Channon WILL be ready. She's looking fantastic :heart:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  15. Dingostrategy

Were barracking for you Judy!

16. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

You can do it Judy :D

Ive got almost all my water leaks fixed - so I plan to arrive and stay dry :D

17. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

Looking good to me, Judy!! :cool:

See you and Channon there!!

18. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

And powder coat the Bumpers, new Wiper blades, Rainex and take up drinking again

19. LOMBI

LOMBI Member

my bumpers are getting some rust through

I got the bumpers sprayed when i had a rough and read respray done - rust is starting to show on the bumpers on the edges and anywhere there are bolts

Is it a good idea to get these powder coated instead of painted next time

Your advice is appreciated

Thanks
    ken

20. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

They are going to blast them back to metal and then coat, unsure if better than paint, others may have more of an idea. will ask the powder coater about rust etc