1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2012 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2012' started by melissa, Jul 30, 2011.

1. jobell

jobell Active Member

Goymarr... take it from me... photos can be misleading. :eek:

2. jobell

jobell Active Member

Hope to be at The Bus Stop 2012... but will have to book and confirm closer to the time.

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Don't be embarrassed, if we manage to make this one it will probably won't be in a kombi for the 3rd time. The important thing is that you get there if you can.:D

4. Royce

Royce Active Member

yeah, Im in...pandora and a tent, the kids and me! cant wait, its been a while. well done Melissa and crew on a great spot. many happy memories of Swan Hill holidays as a kid. we are trying to take a few days and come back along the murray river as an added bonus...royce and crew

5. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Myself and Barbara should be there. We have booked.

Ian

6. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont think we are gunna make it. New contract to sign in next couple of days, more hours and public holiday work. Will wait till it get closer and see what happens, we may even just do a round trip good flyday and say hello to who ever is there at the time.:)

7. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Dude... I rocked up to Narooma this year in a convoy full of Kombis in an XF! :wtf: And it looks like at this stage if I make it it'll probably be in an old Fairlane... at least you have a drivable Kombi! :lol: :D

I'll decide whether I'm going down and if so book at a later date... can't really plan that far ahead at the moment in any case, and even if I could, I have many other things that really do require my hard-earned cash... BC's resto being a big one on the list, as well as rego for her when she's finished, then rego for the Fairlane being due not long after Easter... So I'll see what happens.

Whatever the case, kudos to Melissa for once again accepting the challenge/headache of organising it all... Nobody else would be able to do it with the same dedication and attention to detail for years in a row and still maintain most of their sanity! :)

Kieran

8. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Hmm Plans are forming..... Got a mate who has a love of road trips and an every growing love of Kombis so might drag him along.
    And we can all convince him to purchase his first Kombi and become a member;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  9. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Looks like I will be a definite, got a mate lined up as co-pilot, work is fine, may even take a few days around it for further road tripping. Our plan so far is to leave The Thursday with a possible stay at Wagga Wagga or Temora on the way aiming to be in Swan Hill before Lunch Friday. This is a rough plan as its a while away. Judy at the Caravan park tells me they have a min 4 night stay which is no prob. So I guess that means leaving Tuesday is this the best option or are we better off coming a day early?.
    No doubt talks of convoys etc will come closer to the date???

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  10. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Judy at the caravan park won't answer my bloody emails. Further, just because you have to pay for 4 doesn't mean you have to use them. It sucks, but if you must leave earlier, you can just pay the extra night anyway. I'm sure you obviously worked that out but anyway....

You've reminded me to email again. 3rd time's a charm.

11. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Ding she was telling me this morning she has been away for 8days so that may explain the lack of communication with her. I have no issue with the 4nights, was more of a question as to whether or not most are leaving Tues or getting there Thurs?
    As this will be my first Bus Stop am after best advise on getting there early or leaving late? and any other tips.

My mate and I are planning a few days either side of it anyways so we are happy cruisers.

12. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I emailed weeks ago the first time, and a week after that the second. Anyway no drama.

You'll probably want to join some other people coming from the North for your arrival time. That's part of the fun. Leaving may be the same.. that's the main thing I'd say.

13. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I phoned her may be the best way from the sounds of things.

Yeah waiting patiently for a Bus Stop Convoy thread, Might be too early to start one?

14. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Got my confirmation from Swan Hill Holiday park in the post today...now its official! my first Bust Stop and My first trip to Old Bar.... now this is why I bought the Kombi...wait correction this is why the Kombi found me.

Cabin 019 - I bagz the top bunk!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  15. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

thanks for remininding me Nath. I had booked but not paid.
    All good now :)

16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Cabin or Camping Bernie? I would of camped but my mate whos coming is a softy. you'd think a fella that spent a large part of his childhood travelling europe in a westy would like camping. told him he could sleep in the bus and I would tent it...nup...:umm:

17. saabman

Camping of course,

When I was just on the phone to them the Kombi people in cabins came up and I just said they soft :lol:

18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You'll keep Bernie ;)

19. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I am only soft by proxy.

20. saabman

Who...?

Me :cry: