1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2012 - The Details

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2012' started by melissa, Jul 30, 2011.

1. xerxes

xerxes Member

Hey Dave
    Shelley mentioned that at the hotel she worked at if other hotels were full or if they hit a certain capacity (around 80%) they charged more and/or closer to an event they charged more - I booked months ago like Aime so that could be the reason if you have only recently booked - unless anyone else booked recently and paid the same as us?....

2. xerxes

xerxes Member

Also not sure if you did this Aime but I booked for 2 kombis and I'm not sure if I metioned how many people were in the kombi - maybe you were charged extra personchild tariff?

3. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

OK. Rang the holiday park and it seems I've paid a $70 deposit with a further $105 yet to pay. This is for 5 nights, one Kombi and two people. That equates to $35 a night.

Sorry Necro, but I'm not a 'phone person' and so didn't think to ask why some were being charged more. Probably a late entry charge or something?

I suggest you ring the park and tell them you're with he Kombi Club and are a bit put out that you're being charged an extra $13 and maybe they'll come to the party.

4. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

I'm sure you'll have more takers than just you Kai. Some people travelled much further than that to get to Narooma, so you should have plenty of company ;)

And don't forget........half the fun is getting there :lol:

5. sacky

sacky Member

Just paid my deposit for five nights Thursday to Monday me and may be the dog at this stage will be leaving Calder park BP 8 am Thursday if any of you want to tag along or meet up the road and on the Tuesday i am coming home via south oz Tailem bend and down to the coast through Mt Gambier as i am lucky enough to have the week off.

6. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Hey Sacky,

Ive been contemplating comming home via SA as well :eek: as I also have the week off.

Might travel part of the way with you perhaps.

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Don't forget to drop in at Lake Boga and check out the Catalina flying boat museum. I believe it's well worth a visit.

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

9. sacky

sacky Member

Hi Saabman that would be great we may end up with a small convoy if some of the others have the week off. Aime thanks for the link to the flying boat museum will put that on things to do list .

10. xerxes

xerxes Member

Hi Saabman Happy Birthday!
    Hi Sacky we met at dovw - we're going Friday so can't cruise with you sorry
    Are there any konvoys going from south/south east melbourne - shel and I will both have our kombis (Friday to Tuesday) and would like to travel with others - more fun!

11. sacky

sacky Member

Hi xerxes we did meet at dovw hope you had a good day yes more kombis more fun, not sure about Friday but i think some may leave late Thursday arvo but im sure there will be some leaving Friday we still have 3 months so i dont think you two will be alone.

12. saabman

Thanks for the Birthday wishes xerxes ;)

Kai / Nath - Ill join you on the highway on your way past - you will need fuel by the time you get here ;)
    Fuel in town is about 10c/litre cheaper than at the servo near maccas.

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Christmas done, New Year done. Bring on Easter.:p

14. saabman

Hold on a minute there you Ex Kombi owner :lol:

Weve still got Australia day to get through yet Brian ;)

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Still got a VW mate, forgot ozzie day on purpose, im working.:lol:

16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Nice, good plan Bernie any good pie shops in town? or is the one at the Merino the go?

17. saabman

quality food here is somewhat lacking :rolleyes:

There is a vietnamese bakery intown I reckon is better - Ill try them all out between now and then and give you the results of my testing ;)

18. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Bernie, that cafe/coffee shop on the corner in town has good coffee. ( Pretty dodgy directions I know, but.....) I can't remember the name of it ,but I think its an old renovated bakery or butcher shop (?) just near the pub/club. We usually stop there for a java & a bite to eat when in Goulburn. Keep us posted on the meet time. There's a good chance you may have another bus in your convoy :D Cheers, Mark

19. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

YIPPEE!!

Booked a cabin for "Ma & Pa Kettle" (my folks who need a wee bit of comfort for their 80+ year old bones!!) and a powered site for Muriel and her family!! :)

Going up on Thursday and leaving Tuesday....

YIPPEE!! Muriel's first big trip!!! (so far....!!!)

20. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

PS: How many little Kombi Kids are coming along? We will have 3... 2 girls & 1 boy... 9, 7 & 5 years old respectively...