1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop 2016 Wrap up

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by KombiMadness, Mar 28, 2016.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Jeeze. Scott needs to remember to take the sunnies off when he goes midnight skiny dippin :rolleyes:

Ninga likes this.
  2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We just rocked up home. Our foreign car did not let us down. Hope the guys that had troubles all got or get home safely. Great to catch up again with everyone. Great job to the organisers of this years event. Till we meet again Toodle pips.

73kombi and melissa like this.
  3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Anne-Marie hahaha

4. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Just got home, fab weekend, big thanks to Mish and Tickle for a job well done.............now for the next one. :D

Debstar, Tickle, BrianK and 1 other person like this.
  5. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Ahh back in the post code again......

Debstar, BrianK, ruby6689 and 3 others like this.
  6. 73kombi

73kombi Active Member

I would like to thank this years organisers for a fantastic weekend, the people of Forbes for their friendliness and the warmth and kombiraderie of all those who attened, I dont know which was funnier the fancy dress on Saturday night or the classic Kombi races on Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year at Lake Macquarie :) Have been advised that BillHily arrived safely to mechanics via tilt tray and will have diagnosis in the next few days:(thanks to those who are more mechanicly minded than I am for their advice and experiences of using NRMA (Melissa);)

Debstar, Whitie, Tickle and 3 others like this.
  7. MAP77

MAP77 Well-Known Member

101.jpg
    Reflections of the weekend at Forbes. This was the best ever Bus Stop that I have been on, the organisers Michelle and Virginia should be proud of their achievements.
    We started our weekend on the Thursday where 5 Kombis met at the Blaxland McDonalds to convoy out to Forbes. It was here that myself and my wife Debbie met a lovely group of people - Graeme, Tony and Gaye, Frank and Brenda and Jeff and Jodee. We proceeded to Orange were we had lunch at the local hotel and met with another group from the Central Coast - from here we closed in on Forbes.
    With excitement we drove into the Apex Park and all checked in. It was great to finally meet some of the people that you talk to on the forum - Michelle who didn't stop all weekend, determined to make sure everyone present was going to have the best weekend ever, Lorraine whose laugh could be heard anywhere in the park as well as Bob and Sheryl who were the first people to welcome us at the park.
    The people of Forbes were very supportive of our group, even the Highway Patrol travelling to Parkes on Saturday couldn't resist a wave as we travelled past. The activities from the Camel Races, Friday Night Meet and Greet, Saturday Photoshoot, convoy to Parkes and the Gala Dinner were all well planned, fun and exciting. We had to travel back home on the Sunday so missed out on the Model Racing - saw the photos, what a great event.
    It took us over 2 hours to say our goodbyes before we left, leaving behind a fantastic bunch of special people that we now can call friends. We will certainly be at the next Bus Stop at Lake Macquarie next year!
    Thanks again for a very enjoyable, action packed and relaxing time over the 3 days. Mark

Debstar, Whitie, Shaun and 5 others like this.
  8. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

WOW what can I say another great Bus Stop, thank you to the organisers Michelle and Virginia great job. As usual great to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones what a great time. Hope to catch up again with all at the next Bus Stop.

Debstar, Tickle and melissa like this.
  9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Just home now......
    What a Bus Stop it was !
    Firstly, a big thank-you to Michelle & Virginia...it couldn't have happened as seamlessly without your combined efforts.:D
    Perfect location filled with an awesome, eclectic bunch of kombi-folk.
    We took the easy road in, overnighting in Orange on Wednesday and rolling into Apex, mid-morning Thursday.
    What a spot ! On the banks of the Lachlan river, shaded by trees & set-up on lush grass sites....the opening set the tone for the entire time.
    Caught up with the usual suspects & met a whole lot more.
    "Took the drop" on the Lachlan with Scotty & his SUPs.....thanks ripper...only my third attempt & what a setting. Paddled upstream first, through mirror glass waters & overhanging trees.....just awesome. Trip home was easy...just a meander down with the current. Second outing saw us head downstream, paddling against the flow to get home......a fair bit more like hard work!
    A cruise out to Parkes/ The Dish was well attended, much to the chagrin of the local Mazda mx5 crew....all 8 of them....we outnumbered them substantially.....AND our rides attracted more gazes!
    THE dinner saw the best array of costumes yet, so many folk spent a lot of time & effort to translate "Space" into costumes.... Davros, Phil, was a worthy winner, as was Avatar, Louisa. In the end we all had a great time that ended all too soon.
    Kombi races brought side splitting laughs to whomever was watching...
    Some seriously modified vehicles ran amok.....a few steering issues & heavy feet saw carnage in the "Monster" class......great fun.
    The golfers had their turn with Cornish's kombi putt putt.
    Monday saw many pack and leave, while the rest of us stayed another day to let it all sink in. Pizza was ordered en masse - many thanks to Al for organising the order - washed down with liberal libations.....this was followed by another night of Backgammon, wine/beer and strategic discussion. Steve took honours having never played before and won against worthy, experienced opponents.....dice can be cruel!
    I'll add pics. another time.

I am left with Greenday lyrics etched in my mind.....these were the last words I heard at Apex park amenities block (they had 24 hr. radio playing...) before I drove out:

".....It's something unpredictable but in the end is right......
    I 'ope you 'ad the time of your lives......."

Many thanks everyone, we did....more soon.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Debstar, Wilbur, Tickle and 4 others like this.
  10. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Well that was a great Bus Stop, they are always great but I think this one may have set a new bar to beat for all future events.

It was so great to catch up with many friends we only see once a year, as well as those we see more regularly. As always it was also great to meet the first-timers too, I look forward to catching up with you next year as the new regulars.

If you haven't been to one yet - see you next year in the Lake Macquarie area in mid April. :)

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Still coming down from the wonderful high the Bus Stop gives me. I LOVE the Bus Stop.

A massive thank you to Michelle and Virginia.

Michelle in particular was amazing, soon after arriving herself and Adrian had a call from their boarding kennels, Ella their beautiful old Poodle had taken a turn and the hard decision had to be made to let her go, this on top of losing their other senior Poodle Oscar just 11 days before. How Michelle managed to keep it together over the Bus Stop I don't know but I admire her strength. We lost our cat Pandi on route to the 2014 Bus Stop and I had a tear when we went to collect my cats and dogs from boarding this time thinking how hard it would be for Michelle and Adrian to be collecting just two not the 4 that were supposed to still be there.

On a happy note...bring on next Bus Stop, can't wait to see you all again.

Debstar, Grantus, cbus and 5 others like this.
  12. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Michelle & Adrian
    So sorry for your loss our thoughts are with you !!:(

Stu, Shaz & Natalie :)

Debstar, ruby6689 and Ninga like this.
  13. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

So sorry to hear that, Mish./Adrian.....how you guys remained so stoic is beyond me....
    Even more in awe of your efforts ;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

Debstar, Wilbur and ruby6689 like this.
  14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Second marks sentiments. Know how much they mean to you.

Debstar, Wilbur and ruby6689 like this.
  15. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

That's very sad Mish & Adrian, and our thoughts are with you both...:(

Very poor timing on the poodles part methinks. o_O

Debstar and ruby6689 like this.
  16. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Part of the family. Sad loss.

17. Marlyn

Marlyn Active Member

Our thoughts are with you Mish and Adrian

18. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Very sad news, a great and valiant effort , would have been hard to put on a brave face.
    Loving hearing all about this years Bus Stop, wish I could have went. Making plans to make sure we get down for next year.

19. kombi69

kombi69 Member

Sorry to hear if your loss Mish/Adrian

Debstar likes this.
  20. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

When I left Forbes, I had 1023km to home. I now have 1692km to get home.
    I shall have to sit down with an ale and ascertain what has gone wrong :eek:

Debstar, BusyBear, Tickle and 8 others like this.