1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus Stop Wrap Up

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2014' started by melissa, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Certainly couldn't have said it better myself John.
    But then again who could have said it better?

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Excellent coverage of the weekend JD - how was the Mars Bar slice? Did you ration it out?

Anyone else like to comment on my beef jerky?

3. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Wait you had home made beef jerky whilst I ate store bought??? Damn sad I missed a tasting, really need to have a crack at making it myself, perhaps a new thread on Jerky making?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  4. melissa

How did you miss it Nathan? Are you coming to Berry?

5. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Hummmm...... pretty sure I tryed both but think I was worse for wear......definitely remember your mars bar slice so it must of been really nice

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Might have been Bubs bed time, I will be at Berry for Sure & the Nats

7. kombiwomble

kombiwomble Active Member

Hey there All,

Home today and I have to say that my bus did not miss a beat all trip. I am stoked with the agility of my kidlets to apply their tetris skills to packing the kombi for the past 2 weeks. HUGE thanks to Necro for my awesome seats which are much much more comfortable that the previous ones and they look spectacular too!

After hassles and anxiety before the trip I would have to say it was all so very well worth it. The Bus Stop weekend went in the blink of an eye - so many people to chat to and so little time! The enchanting quirkiness that seems to be exuded by one and all is infectious!
    Warm thanks to Peter and the organising crowd for doing a stellar job. The Bus Stop is an adventure in every sense of the word. It has created memories and friendships that are as amusing as they are long lasting. I am inspired to sell off the children and invest wisely in Kombi renovations :)

8. melissa

It was great to see you Katrina.

9. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Melissa,

I am remiss in not thanking you for those gastronomical delights! Your beef jerky is the match of anything I ever had in my life but on an objective analysis, is probably better given that it was made with TLC and without regard to the "bottom line".
    A think it is important that you also know…….It really goes with red wine!!!

Similarly, the Mars bar slices which I reassured myself would be rationed out for the drive home, were all gone by the time I got to Hay, and while filling up with petrol, I was picking crumbs off the floor…….And eating them. That will tell you two things………… About your Mars bar slices……… And about me. The former complimentary, and the latter…… Best left unsaid.
    Always strangely reassuring to see you at bus stop every year. I don't know why, but it is. So without any further deconstruction, thank you!
    It was such a good meet, that I again felt compelled to inflict my own take on it……… So I did.
    I would love to make one of those East Coast gatherings but I fear that is unlikely so I will be saving myself for revolks in October
    in line with previous years, I will do you all a favour and slide off into cyber oblivion but know this…….You and Scott are very highly regarded by me and I look forward to catching up with you again.
    Yours in cyber perpetuity
    JD

10. melissa

JD - it tells me your floor was clean :lol:

11. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, after 3100km through Bendigo, Griffith, Canberra, Bateman's Bay, Bega, Thredbo, Wodonga, and even Springvale (damn IKEA) we made it home with only a small issue with a leaky fuel pump filter cap (when I found it). Using a bus that had only had one 3 day trip outside of the south of the state since I have owned it with an interior thrown together in the last couple of weeks I am so impressed. Even made the last leg with almost no room inside due to the Ikea trip. Just goes to prove they don't have to be pretty to be reliable. A little bit of knowledge can go a long way. So good to see everybody as it will be probably 2016 before we can make another one.

Adrian

12. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

GROOVERS!!! What an outstanding weekend we had!! We enjoyed every second of it. As Bus Stop virgins, we really had no idea what to expect apart from the previous Konvoy experience we had at Old Bar last year and I think I nearly peed my pants with excitement during that. The Bus Stop weekend however, was total elation for this small family of Kombi lovers. To finally put a face to names and meet such a diverse, interesting and considerate bunch of people congregated together was splendid!

Before I keep raving with excitement and end up with a post as long as JD’s (we love ya JD), it’s always important to thank the exceptional people who contributed to the weekend. Peter and Doody, thanks for the time and hard work you spent on making the weekend in Griffith so great and of course Peter’s lovely wife and church ladies for those cakes…Yum! Lorraine, Andy, Melissa, Scott, Mark and Sue, for your ongoing contribution to KC and Bus Stop, thank you! The people who donated eggs for the Easter bunny and his assistant Melissa, Gracie says thank you! Alpal and his beautiful wife Carol, for the Kombi racing entertainment, thank you! To all who contributed to Vera’s operation, in particular, Peter, Col and Doc a massive thank you!! She is running better than ever thanks to you guys and we truly are grateful! Last but definitely not least, to everyone we met and talked to over the weekend or better still got drunk with, you are all amazing and Paul, Gracie and I are better people for meeting you.

Gracie is still talking about her new friends, River and Chloe and we are still talking about what wonderful parents they have. Jedda’s gentle soul and Necro’s underrated talent. Phil and Jo, more people we wished we had met long before now.

I have put together a montage of pics and video from our perspective of the weekend which I hope you enjoy watching even half as much as I did making it. I’m sorry it won’t be nearly as funny as Nick and Andrew’s VW family vid, that was hilarious guys!! I left out some of the pics from Sunday night… those memories are just for us booze hounds;). The montage contains a special song just for everyone’s favourite, JD. You are a top bloke and would fit in with the Angus Clan exceptionally well, mainly for your good alcohol constitution but you will have to put some more effort into your jokes ;). When you play it, turn the sound right up and enjoy the music. It is just under 20 mins long and I hope it’s not too boring but I just wanted to add as much of the weekend as I could.

Here’s hoping to seeing you vibrant people real soon!:D

Peace Groovers,
    Chrissy, Paul and Gracie
    [video=youtube_share;W-Wjtb0nVVQ]http://youtu.be/W-Wjtb0nVVQ[/video]

13. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Sorry the images aren't too clear. It seemed to happen after loading the vid to youtube.

14. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Top Video Ninga great to meet you all, Gracie's another future Dubber for sure.
    Next year @ Coffs I'll bet little Ellie will be getting Kombi tips from Gracie.
    Ellie will also be old enough that bed time is a bit more adult friendly so we can get more social time in, I feel I missed out on seeing and chatting with so many people including yourselves once the clock pointed to bubs bedtime.

15. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Thanks Nath. Ellie is such a little sweetie!
    We felt we missed out on chatting to your gorgeous family too mate but we understand what it's like. Wait until next year though... Gracie and Ellie can entertain each other while their parents catch up on some beverages and Kombi chat!:D

Chrissy.

16. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi Chrissy, Paul and Gracie,

Great video...Love the parade. It felt like I was there, maybe next time.
    I'd never heard that Doris Day song before...it's going straight on the iPod.
    Thanks.

17. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hey Gerry and Robyn, thanks and glad you liked it.
    We were really disappointed we missed you on your travels around our area, unfortunately it just didn't work out but I hope you really enjoyed it!

Chrissy

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Excellent Vid Chrissy :)
    havent watched all of it yet but some nice stuff there. good to meet you guys.
    col

19. Tangles

Tangles Well-Known Member

My bus stop can be summed up with a single number ........

Because this is precisely how many minutes it took from starting of engine to actually getting through the boom gate and out of the caravan park on the Monday. :wtf:

And there were still some people I didn't get to say goodbye to.

PS. The beef jerky was superb and went down well with a red vino. The other piece of beef jerky was as good as the first. So was the third. However, my mars bar slice must have been umm, "acquired" by someone else........ Is it too early to order a double serve for next bus stop ?

20. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Chrissy or am I allowed to call you Ninga, now….And Paul.

Best bus stop video ever!! Marred only by my intermittent appearance. I knew it was a fantastic gathering, but your cinematic skills absolutely depicts why we all go every year.
    Totally love your work.
    Don't you just love when Vera's tailgate is raised, all the men start gathering like bees to a honeypot. I counted not less than 14 male observers sitting in a semicircle while Doc,Col & Peter stroked her vital parts. And going by the sound of her, Vera was enjoying their administrations as well.
    Check your PM
    meeting you and your family was a highlight!
    JD in Adelaide