1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bye bye

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dudo, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Bye Bye Mr Rudd, that's all:D kevin 07 out before 11

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

So Julia is in - can anyone tell me what Kevin Rudd did that was so bad?

3. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Stopped communicating apparently.

4. gabba69

gabba69 Member

I think the party listen to the media too much and got spooked. All this talk about the people turning off Rudd.

Although i like julia and am quite happy to have her as PM personally I think this is going to be their downfall. Leadership instability at this stage of the election cycle can only be bad for the party. Abbott must just be loving it.

5. Ian 68

Ian 68 New Member

So, Australia gets it's 1st Welsh prime Minister, what ever is it coming to ?

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Promised so much and delivered so little:wtf: Not sure why Gillard hasn't copped more about the BER and rip offs happening there - triple the price to deal with Gov't red tape - oh please:rolleyes:

7. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

A puppet for the unions:umm: , I smell trouble brewing:wtf: , that's my prediction:cry:

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

More like a sacrificial lamb for the elections:)

col

9. car_freak_tim with kombi

car_freak_tim with kombi New Member

Me and my friends discussed this on facebook and came to the conclusion that Kevin Rudd is a gangsta and John Howard was a pimp. :lol::lol:
    But also a much better PM.

10. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Rudd's days were always numbered. A marriage of convenience to win in 2007 but with no factional support from within.

11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Rudd gave me back some pride in Australia that Howard took away.
    Kevin has nade some bad decisions, or lack of them but he did make a difference.
    As for tomorrow?
    Election! Good tactic.
    Ruled by a woman? I can live with that!
    Tony Abbot? NO WAY!

My opinion!
    (and I am always right!)

12. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Careful here people. The best way to start an argument is to mention religion or politics:lol:

My take on Melissa's question "can anyone tell me what Kevin Rudd did that was so bad?" is that Rudd was a very poor communicator. For example, on just one issue, the RSPT (Resources Super Profit Tax), I personally believe that the mining companies, many of whom are owned by overseas interests, should cop a tax on "super profits" and some of them make extraordinary profits that are whisked away overseas, but neither Rudd or Swan seemed to have to ability to convey the reasons behind the new tax to the people of Australia. No good tossing a huge new tax like that into the ring without explaining it to the public first. Naturally the mining companies were going to try to get in first and run a scare campaign. They've done a good job and Rudd's political assassination was the outcome.

Also Brewmaster is quite correct. Rudd had no factional support and at one stage I believe he made noises about fragmenting the factions within the Labor Government. Every organisation, especially politics has factions and in the case of Labor, very strong factions. Gilliard now has to either side with them, or suffer the same fate. Whether or not she can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat in the upcoming election remains to be seen.

Personally I'm going to give my vote to............ Opps! Politics and religion. Politics and religion:lol: :lol:

13. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

This is what me and my friends debated about.

If he had explained it first then I think people would have been okay with it. People hear Tax and it brings back the idea of GST to everyone. All the profits from the mining is going overseas and by taxing it we get to keep some profits in Australia. They are OUR resources of course.

I think... Too many promises... Not enough time... People will get angry

Like the home insulation. No one was complaining when it was free! Only when you heard about the deaths, if people installed it correctly no deaths and everyone would be happy.

Must remember the GFC we didn't go into a technical recession. One of the few country's whose growth stayed positive (except for one)

I think Kevin Rudd was hard done by...

14. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

And tomorrow????

15. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

ditto:(:wtf:

16. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

I still don't think we ever got to see Rudd up close and personal like some of his aids and colleagues did. From all accounts, Rudd was a very driven man and if anybody got in his way, he'd release a tirade of obscenities and anger towards them. Remember the food on the plane scandal? And that was barely in the first few months.

Apparently, he was haemorrhaging staff who couldn't keep up with his punishing schedule, early morning starts and the burning of midnight oil (no reference to Peter Garrett there :lol: ) And so there may have been other reasons kept close to the chest of Labor Party insiders that was never openly discussed in public, however even if that were the case, I was appalled that a Prime Minister could be so openly assassinated by his own party in such a way and without the benefit of serving a full term. Love him or hate him, that was not a fitting thing for his party to do and I feel great empathy for the man. This action won't go down well with many in the electorate and I fully expect a voter backlash unless Gillard can pull the factions together and get the voters on side in the next few months before the election that she herself stated quite clearly will be held before the end of the year. It might be a bridge too far:umm:

17. froger

froger Member

Cane Toad .. Whoops sorry wrong thread ..
    Well had to try and get a little dignity back after that supposed game League the other week :p

18. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

KFC has announced an addition to their chicken dinners.
    It's called the Rudd Bucket”:
    It consists of nothing but left wings and ar*eho*es:lol:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  19. Frenches

Frenches Member

If anyone can have any respect for Julia Gillard and her deciples, well good luck to you. the elected head of a party is excatily that a figure head.
    Nothing has changed, and if anyone in Australia thinks so, well go fool them.
    I did not start this thread/ post whatever, but in 5 to 10 years you want to be no different than some of the european states, well you wish will be granted.

Good luck

20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

May rain so I'll follow the sun ;)