1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Dormobile owners/experts!

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by 65busser, Dec 21, 2010.

1. 65busser

65busser Member

I wonder if any of you knowledgable folk could enlighten me re the Spare Wheel Carrier on the front of a Dormobile.

We have a customer's Dormobile in at the moment having a make-over and we're wondering how to go about re-instating the original Spare Wheel carrier.

This bus has a plate 'nicely' riveted to its nose, covering what we believe would be the original mounting point for the spare.

The customer doesn't want to carry the spare inside and a bullbar is not an option as a place to hang it, so we're wondering what's hiding behind the plate and what hardware we might need to hang the spare where we think it belongs?

There's no access from inside as you know. Too much stuff in the way.

If anyone can elighten us and help make life easier for some enthusiastic Kombi kamper konverts it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Brad
    Busnbug

Attached Files:

2. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Our Dormobile had a bullbar on the front with the spare - no flap. Never seen a flap like that before so interested in what others have to say and some "after" photos showing what is behind it...

3. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Brad, when I got my bus it had a upside down Y shaped bracket on it to hold the spare, two fixings to the front bumpa and one fixing to just above the fresh air grill

4. Surfpig

Surfpig Member

yeah you should be able to buya spare wheel mounting bracket off thebusstop
    or maybe from elsewhere, but they are made for this camper.

5. So Rude

So Rude New Member

We carry our hanging off the back of our bus. We have a bracket that folds out when you want to get to the engine bay. Very neat.