1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping at Old Bar

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Luckyphil, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I confirmed my booking, & let them know there will be lots of Kombi's continuing to come with or without the festival.

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

We are shattered that this event is not going ahead in it's usual form but discussing if we will still make the 2000 klm round trip.

3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Seems many of the usual suspects, are showing up anyway.... :rolleyes:

;)

Syncro27 and oldman like this.
  4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I am meeting with organisers next weekend - they may still have plans for us.

5. milly

milly Well-Known Member

I just received an email back from Wendy at Lanis after advising I am still camping for the week in October, she was happy to hear that and is hoping they don't have restrictions on numbers they can have.

Posted in media up here about the cancellation of this years event, from Mr Searle the organizer, the entire Mid North coast are discussing it on FB, everyone is going to miss it.

I'm still at least looking forward to catching up with the regular KC family who are still going camping.;);):):)

Steve

ruby6689, Syncro27, Luckyphil and 2 others like this.
  6. robmich

robmich Active Member

ill be there

7. 90rusty

90rusty Active Member

we will be there

melissa, Syncro27 and Luckyphil like this.
  8. Grantus

I had a call from the accomodation owners in Old Bar, asking me if I knew the beach festival had been cancelled, and would I still be coming?

I said yes, I was aware, and also yes, I will still be coming, as long as there are no travel restrictions put back into place by then.

9. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Same, our plans haven't changed, still coming

oldman, Syncro27 and melissa like this.
  10. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Things are looking shaky again for us making this trip. Our border is currently closed and if they do open in time I will be keeping a close eye on the number of COVID cases in NSW before making the decision to attend.
    We desperately need a good old Kombi get together, we have missed so much but I need to be careful as I am the only visitor my Mum gets in her Aged Care Facility. QLD at present is doing so well but we all know how quickly that can change.....so fingers crossed.....again.

MAP77, Syncro27, Grantus and 3 others like this.
  11. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Lorraine....sorry to hear that...... pm sent...
    Cheers,
    Mark

12. prone

prone Well-Known Member

We got a call from the manager at Surf Side retreat (which is now Finns) saying that due to Covid regulations the room that we had booked would no longer be able to sleep the five of us. Bit of a bummer but we have had to cancel.
    We’re trying to find somewhere else to stay but everywhere’s pretty booked out. Really disappointing :(

13. Grantus

That really sucks! Aren’t you five from the same household, and therefore it should not apply? o_O

I can understand the distancing laws for a group of 5 get together share accomodation...... but surely not from a family in the same household. :confused:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Syncro27 and prone like this.
  14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Agree with Grant.
    Worth checking if not already .
    Say that 2 are sleeping in van. :)

Syncro27, prone and oldman like this.
  15. Grantus

I’m wondering if the manager has not fully understood the health directives.o_O

Def worth questioning @prone, and soon as, before they hire that room out to others, because I don’t believe they are correct.

prone and oldman like this.
  16. prone

prone Well-Known Member

The manager Kate said that they have been renovating the property and have chosen to reduce the number of beds in our room due to the possibility of having people from different families stay in the room in the future.

We have three kids aged 15,13 and 8 and there is now only a double bed and a single bed in the room whereas before there was a queen bed, set of bunk beds and a trundle bed.

Hopefully we get lucky and find somewhere else to stay :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  17. prone

prone Well-Known Member

Sorted. We’ve found somewhere to stay so we’ll see you all there :)

ruby6689, MAP77, Syncro27 and 5 others like this.
  18. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Great News

prone likes this.
  19. Grantus

A bit poor from management, to accept and take bookings, to then change the format of their accommodation, before honoring their existing bookings. o_O

If you are going to make changes like that, wouldn’t you stop taking bookings for the old format, and then do the changes after you have finished with the existing bookings? :confused:

Glad you have found elsewhere, and can still attend Old Bar! :)

Syncro27 and prone like this.
  20. prone

prone Well-Known Member

I agree that it was pretty poor form by them.

I’m just happy that we found somewhere else to stay. Most places were completely booked out so we got lucky. The new accommodation is almost double the price of Finns but I really didn’t want to miss out on coming up. Really looking forward to getting away for a few days :)

melissa, MAP77 and Syncro27 like this.