1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping in Victor Harbour.

Discussion in 'SA' started by brindleyskombi, Jan 12, 2010.

1. brindleyskombi

brindleyskombi New Member

Took the kombi and caravan for it's first big'ish road test last week.The plan was to go to Victor Harbour on Thursday and sleep there for three nights and then meet up with the Volks Enthusiasts club in Victor on Sunday. Well as you guessed the weather played a major part I saw the weather report and thought well It's already booked and the kids were looking forward to going.

We set off with everything and the kitchen sink, as you can imagine a 1600 towing a caravan is not going to break any land speed records,but it's not how fast you can get there it's getting there thats part the fun. If any of you know Wilunga hill well it's not so much how steep but how Longgggg and steep, well we were down to second gear doing 25MPH and just eased off the revs and trundled up the hill, with and to my surprise cars going by and sounding there horn and giving us the thumbs up!

Thursday, Friday & Saturday the weather was fantastic at least 10 degrees cooler than Adelaide and much cooler and a nice breeze at night. Sunday on the other hand was Hot reaching 41 at one point but if you stayed in the shade and did nothing there was a nice breeze.

I would just like to give a mention about the caravan park although a little pricey this time of year it was a very nice site, right on the beachfront an airpillow for the kids and a little park and nice shady areas. The showers and toilets are good and clean. Best of all the owner likes kombis especially tin tops. Victor Harbour beachfront caravan park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brindleyskombi

More pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. murf

murf Member

Great pics mate, but prefer the orange sunliner to yours. The spotlights just seem to set it off, dont yer think, oh sorry thats mine , thought it looked familiar.

4. brindleyskombi

OH sorry mate for a minute i thought you were talking about the orange kombi in the sixth photo.:lol: when did you get back did you go on to port elliot.

5. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

This is just two cool....too cool ;)

6. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Great pics brindley, Your lowlight always looks great.

Looks like you all had fun despite the weather. Glad the 1600 made it, I know what those hills are like, they are so long that after a while it hardly looks like your on a hill but you can feel it :D

Hey Murf, is that GIANT tent next to your sunliner actually a tent or is that how big your camping trailer opens up?

Thanks for sharing

7. murf

murf Member

The trailer was off the road, have fitted kombi tail lights to match the bus,
    but have been having problems getting them to work properly, think it might be an earth problem. the trailer tent is actually bigger than the tent we used at victor, when erected could actually sleep 6.

8. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Nice work, sounds great. be good to see some pics of the new tail lights.

How does the sunliner go towing it? as I'm thinking a camping trailer is more suitable for me than an actual camper.

9. tinymcmassive

tinymcmassive Member

good pics, it brings back memories! i havent been back to Adelaide for about 4 years now, we used to drive from tea tree gully down to victor almost every weekend for a surf. those were the days. might make a trip over in the bus around early spring, see wat happens

10. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

awsome pics going camping on the 22nd up there at the beach front caravan park and yes all going well taking my baby and I love the little jibes between the 2 of you heheh
    Tanya

Eternity 69 Low light

11. brindleyskombi

Thanks for the comments guys ,Its a shame the cruise did not happen but it was really hot on the Sunday. Hope you have a nice time Tanya, so did you get your engine sorted out sounds like you did :)

12. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Look out Brindley! You are being chased by a caravan!!!!

13. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

Not yet Brindley but hubby is supose to be doing a bit on her in the next couple of days heres hopeing a bit weird here at the moment my cousin took hers to the same place both had our first service and tunes both have exactly the same problems and reports and quote hubbies had a look and says loosing most of my compression through the exhaust and he is a ex exhaust fitter will get there loving drivin around here thou itching to go for a long cruise soon and I am patient you have to be hehe
    Tanya

Eternity 69 Low light

14. tanyarose

tanyarose New Member

Well made it and she ran pretty good no problems will have to sort out photo thing and chuck some photos up She is perfect a little rough but she will get there slow process here. Going up to Goolwa caravan park in april with the girls so hanging for that
    Tanya

15. brindleyskombi

Tanyarose good news about the van, now where are the pics :)

16. Just4funinthesun

Just4funinthesun New Member

Mate your Kombi & caravan looks awesome!! You inspired me to buy an old Franklin caravan from e(vil)Bay which my husband & I plan to restore and tow behind our 74 Bay Lola (who looks alarmingly similar to yours!). Just wondering how big is your caravan (10ft? 12ft?) and if you're keen to share any pics of the interior I'd love to see them. Cheers, Jody

17. brindleyskombi

sorry guys for not getting back in touch. its a shade under 3mtrs. there are some shots of the interior on here somewhere, just check out my posts you should be able to find them. Hows your caravan coming along. carl.:)