1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone lend a helping hand in Tazzy, Hobart

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by willie, Feb 11, 2011.

1. willie

willie New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Veedubers,

Just got terrible news from my panel beater turns out its going to cost all my arms and legs to fix up the rust and then even then he reckons it won’t look as schmick as I would like. So plan B! I found this on ebay. Rust free 'apparently' But before I jumped in and forked out all the extra cash and the shipping I would really really appreciate an opinion from a member just to confirm its state and maybe take a few extra pics;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170601144652&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If anyone can assist that would be awesome and I'm willing to transfer some funds for a carton of beer!

Feel free to PM me or email will.hurry@gmail.com or give me a call on 0449077214.

Many thanks,

Will

2. ltonk

ltonk Member

Do your transport reasearch before you buy it. Transport on an undrivable car is often very expensive.

Luke

3. Seany

Seany Member

4. carazeee

carazeee Member

I sent the guy with the one on ebay a msg this morning wanting to go have a look at it either today or tomorrow so I can maybe take some more pics and that when I go... however, I'm looking at it for the seats really so perhaps we could work something out if you did want it mate?

Also, I bought my van off Aaron and have been extremely happy with it :) Just my say!

5. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I went to see it a few weeks back at its original owners place. Worth 500. Very minor rust if you dont mind a few dents. Base of the windscreen and I think a little in the front floor, possibly batter tray. I was hard to see in the garage I was looking in but if you have and engine etc (possibly a donor bus as well would make it a lot easier) and lots of motivation and time it will be a good bus. I personally like to dismantle stuff like this myself, as you know what you take off and the way it came off. Well worth a look.

Adrian

6. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Is this the one in Claremont?

7. Mordred

It appears it was. The pics and info suggest it was sold and the motor is now not included. Good body but.

Adrian

8. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

9. Mordred

If you want a non poptop bus with a few spots of rust that needs some work, I know of another as well. Needs engine and gear box and the owner wants it out of of her garage. 1974 kombi. Give me a pm if you are interested and I can give you some details.

Adrian