1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chev Corvair engine

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by Joels73 Panel, Apr 19, 2009.

1. kombiboys

kombiboys New Member

corvair motor

Why a corvair motor they are old and weren't that reliable any way . what about something newer I have a toyota 4lt v8 auto in my 79 bus mod plates and legal , goes real well:cool:

2. Joel

Joel New Member

exactly.
    i cant understand why anyone these days would go to the effort of an engine conversion for something that only had a carb/s and other dinosaur technology like 1 cam etc

commodore and subaru motors have been proven over and over again and theres a wealth of knowledge out there from the 100s of people that have already been through it

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Know there was a lowlight camper on here for sale with a Corvair engine in it - think a girl in Tassie was selling it.

Do a Chief and put a V6 Supercharged in it :)

4. tar76

tar76 New Member

Keep it VW and you'll have some change left over.

5. Joel

Joel New Member

ummm your totally missing the point 1500king :lol:
    re-read what i actually wrote

im saying engine conversions are the logical choice these days
    dunno who fed you that crap about EJs having head sealing issues
    they easily go for 300,000kms wihtout any work done
    just ask anyone of the people with an EJ converted kombi they will tell you it was the best move they made
    they can be fitted without any major mods so it can always be put back to stock easily, theyre cheap and everywhere, unlike vw motors, are 100x smoother and more reliable and have the torque much more suited to pushing a kombi around and same goes with the buick commodore motors for those that want a bit more grunt