1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning the engine and bay

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by jeremybillett, Oct 9, 2014.

1. jeremybillett

jeremybillett Member

Hey guys I've got an itch to clean out my engine bay and the engine since it's pretty filthy in there and I'm trying to tidy everything up before I get it painted later this year.

I'll have to clean it while it's in, since I don't have the equipment or know-how to take it out, and I use it as my daily so can't afford to have no wheels at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions on products to use since the engine is so old, I'm assuming I would need something pretty heavy duty but am worried about damaging any wiring or tubing with something too strong. I've done a bit of reading about citrus cleaners that work well, but might take a few goes depending how stuck on the filth. Advice?

2. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

TBH ive always found the cheapo spraycans of degreaser that supercheap sell are surprisingly effective... And try not to get any water in your dizzy ;)

3. jeremybillett

jeremybillett Member

Great thanks gazman, will have a go this weekend

4. Happy_Camper

Happy_Camper Active Member

Yep it's great stuff got it on special, 6 cans for $10 couple of months back.

5. Jim981

Jim981 Member

Keep an eye out an score it for $1 a can. Bathurst, christmas, easter, all great times to shop. Got 10 cans stockpilled for when i need em.