1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Cable

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by Marksy, May 14, 2019.

1. Marksy

Marksy Member

Hi guys
    Just wondering if I can install new clutch cable in my bus while the engine is out ? Gearbox is still in so it should be ok shouldn’t it ? And just one more novice question , do I put heat exchangers on before or after I put the engine back in ?
    Cheers

2. tintop

tintop Well-Known Member

clutch cable can go in at any time but you won't be able to adjust it until after the engine is in

the heat exchangers can be before or after..they don't get in the way.... for clearance reasons it's usually easier to put the heater risers on later.

David H and Wayne murray like this.
  3. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

There is no reason that you cannot fit the cable unless you like being a martyrr and doing it the hard way in fact it will be a lot easier to access.

Wayne murray likes this.
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Either way.
    Don't forget to anneal the copper gaskets.

Just nip the head stud bolts and sit exhaust in place before you do the nuts up tight .
    Doesn't always align first time.

5. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Big "Mutha dumpy hammer" fixes everything and aligns whatever isn't with multiple whacks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TeeBee and David H like this.
  6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And long crowbars :D
    Just be careful what you leaver off:eek:

grumble likes this.
  7. Marksy

Marksy Member

Awesome cheers all, have to get copper gaskets cbus nothing was there when I removed them which seemed weird ? I’ll put em on before I install engine but will do the risers afterward tintop, they cleaned up a treat mate thanks again.

tintop likes this.