1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You're close to the mark there.

Maybe it's a response to the mental age of the audience.

wombatventures likes this.
  2. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Now it looks like I've got workshop time. We mustered for shearing this morning. Got a wet arse. Some in the shed under cover, then news comes that we're going in to lock down. Could have gone ahead but boss decided the weather is crap so put the whole lot back in the scrub. Soon as I got off the bike the bloody sun came out! At least I can go and look at sheep every couple of days just to get out of the house!
    Maybe I'll get Dinky back together. ;)

BrianK, oldman and Wayne murray like this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Another fail.

She is slipperier than Teflon.
    Should have been dumped down the outhouse ages ago.

4. Ijam

Ijam Member

Just wondering Gladys au or Boris uk terrible job

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I must say as a Queenslander and 4 hours further North of Brisbane, so far we have had very few changes to our day to day life but I am angered that we have shut the borders to VIC and SA gets closed off tonight, but we still have borders open to NSW where the virus is raging and a contact site just a few kilometers from our border. I'm not the only one who believes it's all about the footballers relocating to our State to keep the game going.
    I was very proud of our Premier who didn't hesitate to slam the borders shut early previously and cop a lot of flack especially from NSW on doing so but this is nothing short of a joke.

As for the vaccine I have had the first dose of AstraZeneca being in the over '60's, with no side effects, but I was also offered the Pfizer through my Mother's care facility as they had been oversupplied and didn't want to waste the doses. I missed the email and I'm kicking myself. Andy still hasn't had his first. He was hoping to get approval for Pfizer due to health reasons but he has been knocked back. He is very reluctant to get the AstraZeneca but will be forced to as he needs to travel for work once free to do so.

It's a crazy time for the entire world and I find it quite scary.....keep safe

Alpal likes this.
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

There is constant blame on the slow roll out, and even the lack of choice of vaccines, let alone the lack of availability, which is probably fair - the “not a race”, and the “stroll out” has been a bit of a disaster.

The constant lockdowns, which has now resulted in more than half of the total Oz population living in an indefinite lockdown, are still pointing the blame to the fact that not enough of the population are vaccinated.

Will these lengthy lockdowns, be as effective with the current strain of CV19, as they were with the previous strains, or have we just caught up with the rest of the world?

But if 70% or more, of our population was fully vaccinated, would we then not have these lockdowns, resulting in the same daily infection and death rates that the UK is currently experiencing? Currently, 40% of covid patients in the UK hospitals, are fully vaccinated, before they presented to hospital.

“Rock” and a “Hard Place” comes to mind…….

7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

The media keep blaming the government for this. If Pfizer is not available, it is not available. There isn't anything the PM can do.

8. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

9. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Countries also withholding the vaccines from being sent to Australia.

syncro likes this.
  10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

England is still a C19 timebomb…..more so now after their so called “FreedomDay”…..
    yeah, but I’m pretty sure they are trying to look after their own first….
    Can hardly blame them for that.
    Oz should get back to manufacturing and producing rather than outsourcing and then crying hard done by, when we can’t get “stuff”…..
    It’s been a long, slow degradation of our capabilities and self sufficiency , all in the name of cutting costs and lifting profits….o_O
    Cheers,
    Mark

11. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Not really politically correct for this forum,;)

See my reply here http://forums.kombiclub.com/threads/international-parts-stores.60245/#post-699177

oldman likes this.
  12. oldman

Agree 100%……I posted similar, in the same thread ;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

13. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, just that it isn't mentioned much that countries that are worse off then us are holding back the vaccine which isn't helping our immunisation.
    Manufacturing has slow been depleted over the years. Like fuel and many other things .Which know in the situation of the pandemic is hurting this country more.

Syncro27 likes this.
  14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Actualy not available because the pm did nothing.

Took an ex pm to get things moving.

77/kombi/surfer likes this.
  15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

BS alert there.

Syncro27 and oldman like this.
  16. Ijam

Ijam Member

Shock horror not the Rudd years some should stay in the background eating mandarins, only my opinion .

KahunaKombi and syncro like this.
  17. Wiz

Wiz Active Member

This shortage thing has got me baffled when at last Friday's Vic press conference the Covid-19 Response Commander stated that
    12,000 Pfizer 1st shot and 27,000 Pfizer 2nd shot appointments were still available for the next 10 days.
    PR

18. oldman

Rudd had nothing to do with expediting delivery or supply quantities……it’s media bull5hit.
    Cheers,
    Mark

syncro and Syncro27 like this.
  19. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is there any other sort of media? The questions to politicians and medical professionals is getting stupider every day. Like "when is the latest lockdown going to end?" Do they think Gladys has crystal balls?

oldman likes this.
  20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

So they've both done the same ? ;)

oldman likes this.