1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I think some Anti Vaxxers may well change their mind, if they lose an unvaxxed loved one, family member, or close friend to Covid.

Sadly, it may take that reality, for them to work out, or believe the benefits of the vaccine….. :(

77/kombi/surfer, ruby6689 and oldman like this.
  2. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

You'd better move to Vic where:
    (Burnet Institute) "modelling found even under the current lockdown conditions, there was a “moderate' risk of exceeding health system capacity. Based on the current growth in cases, Victoria will hit a peak in 7-day average daily cases of between 1400 and 2900 between October 19 and October 31.
    The demand on the healthcare system will grow as a result, with an estimated 1200 to 2500 COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital, and between 260 and 550 people will need treatment in intensive care."

We should be able to fit you into ICU or one of our "COVID wards" or a "Pandemic ward".
    PR

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Anarchy also shows its head when the masses believe the govts lies and hound a minority as a distraction from govts failures ;)

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The way I perceive the govt spin is that there's a carrot of freedom attached to a long stick held by the exaggerated performance of vaccination.

A red herring to divert attention from the fact that NSW govt incompetence created the current situation in NSW and Vic.
    A situation made worse by behaviour of some sectors in Sydney but can't touch that sacred cow.
    The distraction and red herring is working well.

A new story will emerge when it fails to deliver as promised but people are neither critical in their thinking or have long memories.

Even though they will continue to create excuses, the rednecks and religious have had their answer with some considerable clusters.
    Still doesn't stop rt wing business organisations and govt from pushing the " open up" agenda.

I agree. It will not be " business as usual".
    That is my argument, against thinking that vaccines will be the magic bullet.
    They only address , to a large degree, severity of infections and hospitalisations.
    They do not give carte' blanche to regain previous freedoms.
    The govt is ignoring an inconvenient fact that social distancing and a determination to constantly fight outbreaks will still be necessary on a significant scale untill , hopefuly, the pandemic runs it's course.
    A tack that has served us well so far in Qld even without vaccine.

My concern is that fed and state rt wing govts well and truely dumped this in the " too hard for" basket due to incompetence and political dogma.
    And as a result we all will see the folly of relying on only one insufficient remedy.

5. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Is this a statement of your belief or just a bunch of words. With the amount of people getting vaxxed then they are the masses and dont believe the Government/Medical Experts are lying. The minority are causing shit for the majority who are probably supporting them financially. What Government would want Covid, if they hand out Billions they get caned for causing future generational debt and if they didnt then you would have civil unrest due to masses of people forced into poverty. Even opposition parties cant argue against that. I have heard that some of these anti vaxers are now calling themselves "Pure Bloods", but I bet most are from an age when the majority of kids were vaxxed against many deadly illnesses.

77/kombi/surfer and syncro like this.
  6. Grantus

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

It is one example.
    Anarchy is more to do with the way people behave.
    It can be a govt stirring resentment against a minority for their own ends.

ie ,anger from the vaxed toward the unvaxxed.

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

……..or vice versa :rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Take that "Pure Bloods" how can you argue against that. Rednecks will call it photoshopped or fake news or some other shit but same thing goes for Polio, Tetanus etc etc

ruby6689 likes this.
  10. Grantus

Have you booked again, to get the second dose now? :rolleyes:

No point in doing a half hearted job! o_O

You survived the first jab, so the second one should be much easier. ;)

melissa likes this.
  11. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I'm double vaccinated.
    No, I don't know what's in it.
    I also don’t know what was in the ones I had as a child…
    …nor in the Big Mac, or in hot dogs, or in other treatments whether it's for cancer, AIDS, the one for arthritis, or vaccines for infants or children.
    I trust my doctor when he says it’s needed.
    I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, or other over the counter medication. It just cures my headaches and my pains.
    I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, vaping, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants.
    I don’t know the long-term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.
    Basically there's a lot of things I don't know and never will.
    But I do know one thing: life is short. Very short.
    I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked in my home. I still want to travel without fear and find a little feeling of life "before".
    As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chickenpox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases...just saying.
    I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
    * To not die from Covid-19.
    * To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
    * To live my life.
    * For Covid-19 to be an old memory.
    * To protect us.
    Text copied, you can too.

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

When I rang to cancel my booking, while waiting in line for my covid test, they told me I can walk in at any time - planning on going after work one day this week :)

Grantus, ruby6689 and oldman like this.
  13. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

We should be able to fit you into ICU or one of our "COVID wards" or a "Pandemic ward".

You forgot to add this to your hospital room availability, modeling are not always 100% accurate, but shows you what could be the scenerio with all states going to be dealing with this opening up. If i was the government id be setting up mash style hospitals away from the cities , getting ready for what could happen to free up the hospitals for those who need them for other surgeries and such.
    cheers chuck

Deaths will top 2200 as Victoria reopens: modelling

Tom Burton

Victoria faces a Christmas surge in COVID-19 hospitalisations and deaths after it reopens in November, with a leading scientific forecaster predicting that 2200 people will die this spring and summer – three times the number of fatalities during the state’s winter outbreak last year.

The Burnet Institute’s modelling of the epidemiological impact of lifting Victoria’s lockdown shows an initial peak of 1960 cases around October 25, along with 1666 hospitalisations and 964 deaths.

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer to base my decisions on my framework of scientific knowledge and maths.
    I trust those who have a proven record of reliability in their field.
    I don't trust those who have a proven record of dishonesty.
    ;)

77/kombi/surfer and oldman like this.
  15. oldman

Me too Col.....
    I trust my GP.... been seeing the same fella for 40 years now. His experience and medical knowledge trumps mine every time .
    Cheers,
    Mark

melissa and syncro like this.
  16. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

So much modelling going on shares in Airfix must be going through the roof.
    PR

17. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Yay... were in lock down again up at Tweed heads for a week with other L.G.A.,s.
    Just what we need a Sydney spreader coming up an stuffing our 2 week opening up.....

18. oldman

You’re not in that LGA Chuck……what are you on about….?
    Cheers,
    Mark

19. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

probably where he is

20. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

I don't know but what I do know is that climate change is the one that's going to do all of us in
    What do you think the Vax is for that

oldman likes this.