1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Chuck is up there looking after his mum - has been for a while

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Join the club Chuck….:(

We had a really good run of covid free, with no lockdown in the ACT, until a nightclub bouncer, did a drug run to the Sydney hotspots, and returned to spread the virus very effectively, forcing us into a “7 day lockdown” - week 5 to date.

He was less than keen to be honest with contract tracers, to try and lie his way out to avoid any fine, and protect any illegal customers identity, which didn’t help the efforts to contain the initial outbreak.…… :mad:

Add to that, it looks like one or two a week are still evading the border patrols, and doing the same, continuing to spark new clusters. :confused:

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Maintain the restriction on travel. ;)
    And nobble the same bunch of politicians who have stuff d the covid response as well as subsidising the coal and gas industry.

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ahhhhhhh, we’ll that shines a completely different light on the situation.
    My sincere apologies.
    Hope things pan out ok……..
    Cheers,
    Mark

5. oldman

Common sense and accepting the science……….sound familiar….? :rolleyes:
    cheers,
    Mark

6. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

cool, mark . we have had it pretty easy for lock downs compared other areas.
    Seems a 31 year old female staff member from a t.v show "Im a celebrity get me out of here" snuck through the system but got caught. No qr codes used either. So fair enough to shut for a week to do the seaches and testing.
    Hope the fines are large , but i doubt it!!
    cheers chuck

David H and oldman like this.
  7. oldman

Agree, they should be swatting these morons with fines representative of the financial cost to the communities they affect.
    Stay safe……….;)
    Cheers,
    Mark

KahunaKombi, David H and cbus like this.
  8. 77/kombi/surfer

So looking at doing a surf trip to Bali next year and thought id look at the clauses on travel insurance coverage with catching covid and hospital costs.
    You need to be a lawyer to understand the gobbly gook red tape. Here is one companies policy to look over.
    https://www.covermore.com.au/travel-insurance/benefits/covid-19
    interesting reading especially the fine print on the bottom. Let me no what you think is covered or not.? cheers chuck

9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

First of all you need to go to the Smartraveller site to see if it is safe to travel. (Which I doubt).

Covermore is one of the better companies. I have made a few hassle free claims with them. I have also paid them many thousands in premiums.

10. oldman

Just don't hit the reef, drink the water, or home distilled Arak........:rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

11. 77/kombi/surfer

Just don't hit the reef, drink the water, or home distilled Arak........:rolleyes:
    Cheers,Mark[/QUOTE]
    Your taking the fun out of it, should of told me that when i went over there the first time in 1978 heeeee.
    I Always drink bottle or rain water in the outer islands. The old ice blocks back in the day did their thing an taught us to be wary!
    Arak makes a good pain killer for when you hit the reef or tip it on the infections.
    All my policies had a fly out cause included in an surfing emergency even in the middle of no were i could get a chopper.
    Aware of the Smartraveller Phil. Ive had 30 trips o.s.
    Been to plenty of places they did not recommend before but with covid could they call any country o.k./safe to visit.?
    Could take asia a while before vaxxed. So well see next year..cheers chuck

12. Grantus

Was never a huge fan of the Smartraveller site, even pre Covid. The risk levels of civil unrest, terrorist attack, etc, are pretty much possible anywhere on the planet, and usually in a very small area of any country. The Govt advice warnings on that site, seemed to just cover their butt, in that if anything did actually happen while you were there, they can then say, “We told you so, on our website, but you chose to ignore the warnings!”

If you believed all their warnings, you would never travel again. o_O

Or, you assess what they are saying, accept the advice, and actually be a “streetwise traveller”, to then venture forth, and avoid areas that would obviously be target situations, or high risk. :rolleyes:

77/kombi/surfer likes this.
  13. Grantus

With 4 cases now identified in Qld, and desperately wanting to avoiding a lockdown prior to a football match, wouldn’t it make sense to immediately enforce a mask mandate now, to try and slow any further spread? o_O

Mask mandates do not cost the Govt a cent, as the total cost is worn by the population…….unlike lockdowns.

NSW, Victoria and the ACT, all started with a single Delta case……. Just saying. :rolleyes:

14. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Neither am I but for insurance purposes you need to read it.

Apparently masks do not work if you are sitting down.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Mordred likes this.
  15. 77/kombi/surfer

they will play the footy grand final first then go into lockdown i reckon.
    Got to keep the rich happy that do donations into there political parties....

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Wondered why they hadn't acted on the 4 cases.
    Historically Usually takes less.
    Masks are still mandated inside in seq.
    And limits on weddings etc but not football matches :eek:
    Nothing to see here.
    Move along.:rolleyes:

Wayne murray likes this.
  17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep
    Situation normal.

Mordred likes this.
  18. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I see the Sydney NYE fireworks are on again. Why?:mad:

19. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Qld place a lot of emphasis on whole genomic testing.
    Through this the CHO has established that the Airport worker is linked to a USA case and the Truck drivers are linked to NSW cases.
    All current infections are new to Qld.
    Whole genomic testing will allow any missing links to be identified which will ultimately drive the response including the lockdown decision.
    If the whole genomic testing shows that person A gave it to B, B gave it to C, C gave it to D and persons A, B, C, and D are all identified actions can be taken based on that knowledge.
    If on the other hand person A and person D are known, but person B and C are not, person B and person C are mystery cases and need to be tracked down.
    PR

David H likes this.
  20. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Victoria’s Health Department has been charged over last year’s mistakes in hotel quarantine that drove the state’s deadly second wave of COVID-19.

WorkSafe has charged the Department of Health with 58 breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, alleging the department failed to provide a safe workplace for its employees and failed to ensure people were not exposed to risks to their health and safety.
    PR

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    David H likes this.