1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

For a start these oxygen thieves will be taking up beds in hospitals that other people may need. And from information from doctors it does reduce the transmission rate. I don't listen to journalists.

77/kombi/surfer likes this.
  2. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

An assumption based on there being no cases reported in Casterton.

Why would you get tested if your confidential health information is going to get selectively released to the media by health officials, politicians, and police resulting in you being targeted?
    Why would you use QR codes to check in if you may be targeted because one of the places you visited is going to be selectively listed as an exposure site based on 'risk assessments' as has been happening in Vic for weeks?

Any wonder so many people are toughing it out at home until they are seriously ill or die as in NSW recently?
    PR

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

If they take up more hospital beds it has absoloutly nothing to do with being in restaurants except on a biased punitive level.

And the results of opening up for innoculated has only brought on outbreaks.
    Check singapore and Israeli numbers.
    The numbers are from medical people.
    The news outlets merely report it.

I think we have a slanted view that's being fed from politicians here that does not reflect the medical reality of how the pandemic is playing out worldwide.

The carrot is freedom from lockdown.
    The reality will be increased deaths for not actively restricting the spread.
    Why would we wish to forego efforts that work
    ( lockdown, closed borders, masks etc) for a scenario of vaccinated and open slather in living without restrictions which has shown to promote wholesale spread of the pandemic.

For an example close to home, compare Qld with NSW.

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

5. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Agree with you re Qld - medical science rocks. ;)

Dr Jeanette Young openly acknowledged that the new CHO has been selected due to his experience as the lead in the treatment and management of COVID cases.
    Recognition that they need a CHO to manage the inevitable spread of COVID-19 throughout Qld not keep it out as Dr Young has managed to do successfully.
    PR

6. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Today:
    Keyun Enterprises, which operated accommodation business Comfy Kew Apartments in Kew, was charged with breaching the Occupational Health and Safety Act after housing a number of homeless people as part of the COVID-19 pandemic response in September last year.

WorkSafe alleges Keyun failed to put a COVID-19 Safe Plan in place, or ensure contractors signed in on entry and people wore masks on premises.
    PR

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Charged but not convicted……
    Let’s see how it plays out.
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The ACT today passed the 96% first dose vaccination mark, for all eligible over 12 years old. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll be allowed back in the ACT soon.

10. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Today's stat's that 18 - 40s are nowhere near 70% vaccinated confirms that the whole let's open up is ill thought out. Considering that these are the largest part of our face to face demographic in shops, schools, child care, job sites, clubs, cafes, playgrounds, welfare lines and so many more places. I near on shit myself when I go to Adelaide, and we have barely had any cases!
    Where I live has less than 50% vacs and we are the first real stopping point for people coming out of NSW on their way west. Is my arse twitching? You bet it is!

77/kombi/surfer, syncro and Grantus like this.
  11. Grantus

The ACT Govt, is still taking a rightful “slow and steady” approach, to widening access for border crossings, beyond the close adjacent “bubble” NSW towns at the moment.

It is yet to include the NSW regional allowed LGA travel movements, announced by the NSW Govt from 11 October.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    syncro likes this.
  12. Grantus

New Zealand, with the impressive record of being able able to handle COVID in the past, being shut to any international travel, and hard lockdowns, are now sadly finding, like the rest of the rest of the planet, that the “Delta” variant, doesn’t respond to the actions, like earlier variants.

Even there, any dreams of handling the pandemic, by closing shut, running an internal economy, and efficient quarantine methods, have been quashed.

They have had to concede, that no amount of lockdown will be able to fix the problem, and the only way forward is to get enough of the population protected by being vaccinated, as the only way to easing restrictions, and getting used to a “covid normal” way of life.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  13. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Ripping through the bikie gangs and sex workers who are not cooperating with contact tracers.
    Two positive sex workers travelled from Auckland to Northland, waiting test results from two more from Auckland who were found in Blenheim.
    PR

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Bugger.

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

As usual.
    A small group stuff it for everyone else.
    The sex industry in NZ being run by the bikies.
    Maybe adopt a policy like that conducted to prevent bovine TB in the northern territory. ;)

wombatventures and oldman like this.
  16. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

THIS is lockdown………
    So far, all the C19 stay at home/lockdown restrictions have had minimal impact on my life……and for that I am very grateful.
    Two weeks ago, I took Billie (our 18month old Boxer) to the vet to be desexed .
    This was based on the advice to allow Billie to “mature”……(ha ha ha…..she’s a Boxer…that will never happen !)….. before the op.
    So to the vet we go, she gets anaesthetised and I then get a phone call,
    “ ….come and pick Billie up, you’re a week too late…..she’s just started her first cycle….” :confused:
    So, for the last two weeks I’ve been stuck at home, unable to go anywhere…..
    We only have low fences around our place that any “romantic” dog could easily clear if they caught her scent…..
    No walks that would leave a trail of “hearts” back to our place, can’t go surfing and leave her alone, stuck here until Sue gets home from work…..which is always after dark.o_O
    One more week to go before my own Freedom Day when I can safely leave home without fear of returning to find amorous suitors……
    Any one who has had a bitch in season will understand the gory circumstances (that I’ve left out) that I have to constantly deal with……it ‘ain’t pleasant!
    Sure, I could crate her and ignore her condition…..but I’m not that sort of fella…….
    As Charlie Brown would iterate,
    “sigh…….”
    Cheers,
    Mark

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Behave like western suburbs during covid lockdown
    Take her for a walk past the foreshore cafe's and create havoc among everyone's dogs that people insist on taking to such places :D

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Clayton's govt.
    When it's time to fight....
    surrender.
    https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100541348

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100540928

Should have put the welcome mat out when the Japs bombed Darwin :rolleyes:

Looks like the drug companies will benefit from their years of studies of bat diseases prior covid.
    The vaccines appear to need to be refreshed every 6 months.
    And mounting evidence they suppress normal immune activity.
    ;)

19. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Has anyone here linked their digital vaccine certificate to the Service NSW app yet?

20. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Think I have .