1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TeeBee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's because they know what they are doing.

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Or they deal with a lot of sick people ? ;)

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I work in Medical - we still wear masks, our patients wear masks and I take everyone's temperature that comes into the practice.
    The scariest thing is for the doctors who do procedures in a couple of Private Hospitals and they also anaesthetise for surgeons - exposure to someone covid positive affects so many others - not just with catching covid but having those procedures delayed until the doctor gets the all clear - we have already had it happen a couple of times in the last few months. It sucks for everyone.

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

This is why vaccinations should be compulsory. Why should I subsidise these halfwits.

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

No images Phill……
    Cheers,
    Mark

6. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

8. Ijam

Ijam Active Member

Yes it’s easy, I also have it in my wallet (iPhone) also easy to use and do.

9. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Thanks Chuck. Yes it's the medical crews in the firing line that are our heroes.

syncro likes this.
  10. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

11. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Third time across the border for medical stuff, boarder crossing crew just smiled at me and said your right mate and waved me through. Yes i had the correct paper work, had a covid test again, no checks in the hospital either..
    Interestingly un marked cars are following people with n.s.w. plates to see if they go straight back across the border or not after the hospital visit or other.
    Lots stop at a fruit store near the border to buy fruit and veg. A couple i no got asked for there id by plain clothes police and got fined $1000 each for failing to follow qld health orders. Work that one out?
    My sister is going in for heart surgery at a Brisbane hospital soon, her appointment is 10am and is expected to be in for 12 hours. Her friend who is driving her up to the hospital and will wait for her ,has been told she is being treated as a covid patient an will have to sit a sealed room and cant leave for the duration. When the surgery is finished she has to leave straight away and go back to n.s.w. at 11pm at night with a 2 hour drive home! Both are double vaxed an will have a covid test within 48 hours before entering qld. what a joke, The powers that be in Q.l.d. live in fairy land and have no idea!!!!!

Wayne murray and oldman like this.
  12. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I was thinking of going to Hessisch Oldendorf 22 and Hanover Bulli Treffen next year. With the latest data I may have to give it a miss.

13. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I was trying to get to Volksfest Adelaide this weekend but the Covid paperwork has made it too difficult.

14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

We’ve been invited to lunch at a public venue in NSW.

Spent some time attempting to download and link the vax certificates to the QR check in on the phones, with limited, but enough success.

Proof of Vax status, is not required anywhere in the ACT, so I’ve never bothered to waste the time to attempt it before. :confused:

Managed to download the certificates to each phone, but only managed to link them to the CBR QR checkin, before giving up on the NSW one.

I figure having the certificate on the phone in either “files” or “wallet”, and having the NSW QR checkin app, should be enough to gain entry to a NSW venue for lunch, even if they are not linked…… o_O

15. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/vaccination/proof

I was in NSW last week. Downloaded the certificate from myGov to phone and put a link on the homepage for quick access.

Same in Vic.
    PR

16. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Apparently mid next month, no proof of vax required in the next easing of restrictions in NSW, when they reach the next vax target……so I’m not going to entertain more wasted time attempting to further my IT skills.

I have a paper printed copy, and a digital version in “files” on my phone, if ever I really to need to prove my status.

If that is not enough to visit a venue, and they decide they don’t want my money, based on a technicality…..I’ll just take my cash, and support another business elsewhere. ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    BrianK, Wattie and Luckyphil like this.
  17. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Round 3...the new Omicron South African coronavirus strain causes international borders to slam shut .
    Dont throw away those masks yet, we may need them.. Fingers crossed this ones not nasty if it reaches our shore.

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

So all the BS about borders open at 80% is now null n void. ? :rolleyes:

Good job I haven't had a jab yet. :p

19. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

I’m due for booster but not gunna bother. Was heading to SA in 2 weeks, but gunna have to quarantine when come back. Not sure when freedom is coming.

20. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Whatever your decisions gents, look after yourselves.
    You do not want to catch this thing.
    Cheers,
    Mark

cbus, syncro and BrianK like this.