1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

delicate knobby

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Geoffro, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Geoffro

Geoffro Member

I reckon I've seen a few nor-coast camping grounds and the best one I've found is Delicate Knobby - the one on the western side of the road to Plomer. Good facilities, firewood, kms for the kids to ride, private hidey hole camping spots with firepits. The minuses are a ratty caretaker, mildly expensive and easter drivers on the Plomer road. Pluses: when Crescent is choco, DK is sparse and very reasonable surf available - secret: Big Hill

g
    92 syncro

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Great location camped there several times:D

3. 67micro

67micro Member

Yep, have also camped here quite a few times, and I think there is a post from my bro (syncro27) in here somewhere.

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Glad to see this thread is not about a medical problem! :wtf:

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Top spot - up that way a lot - great waves down that back road if you're prepared to go look....Even better if you can get away out of school/public holiday times. Winter is vacant, cold but consistent swell on all the points.....:cool:Cheers, Mark

6. twincabay

twincabay Active Member

Nah No waves anywhere up here in winter your wasting your time go the south coast if there is any surf here always crowded and sharks as well . Mitchell

7. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Trust you to think of this Grant.

One of the people I camped there with nicnamed it "sensitive penis".

You certainly get a lot of strange looks when telling people about it.

The most recent time we camped there was when it almost flooded with rain we only had an esky, a leaking annexe and the ice machine in the park was dead so it was back and forth to Crescent every day - not enough time to relax and very soggy clothes as they have no drier in the park.

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol::lol: Yeah, much the same on the Northern beaches....probably best just to stay away altogether.........:rolleyes: Cheers, Mark

9. milly

milly Well-Known Member

Im with mitchell on this Ive been living in Port macquarie for 15 years now and have never ever ever seen any waves at delicate so save your fuel and dont waste your time its no good, if it ever improves and anything rolls in other than the thousands of men in grey suits that resembles a wave I will let you know.;)

Steve

Kneel brother kneel

10. nickc

nickc Member

Never seen the surf crowded there. I'll keep the secret.
    Nick:cool: