1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dilemna - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by GypsyWannabe, Nov 26, 2011.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

mmmm now wonder which one Baz - I've an idea :lol: If it's the one I'm thinking of then hope it's as good as it's made out to be

Don't think it is out of the norm to start thinking of another Kombi after 6 months more so think it normal :p

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

If you do go down the pop top removal and paris beetles sunroof keep me in mind, I have one of his sunroofs (2000 x 1070mm) with grey top and lined inside sitting in a box at home. Bought it for my 68 camper but then bought a 69 with less rust. I am not sure I will be finishing the 68 and if I do it will probably be as a camper now, and I can not bring myself to cut a solid tin top.
    So the moral of the story is I have an unused rag top new in box that I may sell (or keep) (or fit)??? Decisions, Decitions....

3. kombi-man

kombi-man Member

For my 2 cents,
    As long as the base is good enough for you to live with on a daily basis, choosing the colour scheme and interior design is a great option to have.
    Don't forget to check the compliance plate when looking to buy a Micro, ensure that is is engineered for the number of seats (I always get caught in the moment and forget to have a look).

Also, double-demerits still count in a Bay :)

4. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Thanks Brad. I am currently looking at a microbus and I certainly wouldn't cut a hole in the roof. However, if that doesn't work out and I find a camper, I'll definitely keep you in mind for the rag-top!

Cheers,

Baz