1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disco 2 shocks fit the Syncro?

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Dusty Waves, May 13, 2020.

1. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Reading some euro forums and apparently the rear shocks from the Landrover Discovery 2 are interchangeable with the rear T3 Syncro shocks and substantially cheaper.
    Has anyone tried this?

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

3. mackaymanx

mackaymanx Active Member

Looked at this a while back after my new OMEs failed, had to borrow some old shocks off Hamish as a temporary fix.

Here is a list of Discovery 2 shock lengths https://www.aulro.com/afvb/discovery-2-a/212310-discovery-2-front-rear-shock-length-list.html

They list a different OME shock(standard length) but the OME NS - 60026 is 593mm - 368mm(longer travel for the discovery).

As a reference OME N37 for Syncro 591mm - 366mm

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LAND-RO...718017&hash=item281bb9f844:g:drsAAOSwXeJXe2ol 595mm - 370mm

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    cbus and Syncro27 like this.
  4. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Thanks, just ordered a pair. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Syncro27 likes this.
  5. Dusty Waves

Dusty Waves Member

Ok disco 2 shocks fitted! The pivot sleeves were about 1mm too long so I ground them down to fit. the eyes are also much larger so the fillet weld on the lower swing arm mount needs to be ground down too. $190 delivered!
    syncro lower shock mount.jpg lower mount fillet ground down.jpg mounted in place.jpg vw syncro oem vs disco2 shocks.jpg

Syncro27, Barry and mackaymanx like this.