1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Smell?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Red Kev, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Red Kev

Red Kev Member

I've done a total of roughly 1000km over the past three weekends (Coffs-Old Bar-Coffs, Coffs-Byron-Coffs x 2, plus myriad trips in between) and haven't seen a single kombi on the road. Not one. Not a split, not a bay, not even a t25. :wtf::umm: Old Bar!?! How can I drive to and from a kombi event and not see a single kombi in motion?

Closest I've come is seeing my neighbour manoeuvring his DC into and out of his shed.

What gives? :confused:

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

first rule when stalking. have wind in face not at back.

unfortunately we usualy need it the other way when travelling in a kombi:(

col

3. roqsta

roqsta Member

Thats not too bad. I keep seeing a guy in a an orange late bay and everytime i see him he looks the other way. I mean i dont drive everyday but i do see him everyday i drive and usually in the morning and the afternoon. Not once has he lifted his gaze. Maybe he is concentrating really hard - or maybe i smell also!

Having said that i am surprised you didnt see at least one break down!
    roq

4. 77panel

77panel Member

5. emby

emby Active Member

I understand what you mean kev.

Did a trip down to coffs last week and actually had the missus ready with a camera to snap any kombis we saw.

Only saw one Kombi both on the way to coffs, driving around coffs for a week and then on the way back to brissy.

Oh, and the Kombi we saw was Graham's from mid coast volkswerks.

Where were you that whole time? Even spent a day fishing with the boy on moonee creek. Not a Kombi in sight.

6. Red Kev

Red Kev Member

That's what I figured. Oh well, good thing I live on acreage.:)

7. Trav&Ren

Trav&Ren Member

I recently took the 1600km round trip to the Bathurst 1000, stayed there for 5 days and didn't see a single Kombi in the whole trip.
    Last time I went to the race I saw five of them, three of which were camping at the mountain.
    Trav

8. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Yeh ... didn't take my kombi to Bathurst this year ... in some crummy new dual cab and camper trailer setup :)

9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Same here.....there's a few more busses 'round my way lately but none of them seem to want to wave......wtf? Maybe they're still too terrified mastering the art of keeping their kombi idling when stopped OR keeping it in a straight line when moving....? :p
    Figure that I'll just keep embarrassing them by waving furiously .....Cheers, Mark