1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else cheat?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by kyznet, Jun 26, 2008.

1. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

No, not what you all think. :p

Does anyone else cheat when getting into their Kombi?

I tend to open the door, shove one leg in and then pull myself in with a small wrenching action on the steering wheel. Am sure that it's not very good for the steering wheel, but wonder how others get into their Kombi?

If anyone does want to bare their soul about other forms of cheating, please, feel free. :eek:

2. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Kyra,

I have to grab the steering wheel, too. Have you every tried to step out facing the wrong way??? I have and face-planted, twice! :eek:

As for other forms of cheating, with my right arm in a sling, friends have suggested I use my left hand for... well, you know... but I think that would feel like I'd be cheating, don't you?! :eek:

Baz

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I cant remember I haven't driven Wilbur for six weeks and he still isn't home so I will let you know.

4. .Wez.The.Bay.

.Wez.The.Bay. New Member

Well my drivers door is stuffed so i have to go through the passenger door..:)
    Alex..

5. natishavingfun

natishavingfun New Member

I like to use the steering wheel for leverage when getting in, but have have to be a lady when getting out so swing both legs round slide onto the doorframe and then jump off. I could do with a little step or something like the truckies have as its pertty far up when your only 5'1!

6. beep

beep Member

Yeah Alex my drivers door was stuffed for like three years because some bugger stuck a screwdriver in the lock trying to break in (apparently not realising that they could just push open the little quarter window and stick their arm in and unlock the door). Got a new one from the busstop a while back and still sometimes go for the passenger side..

Plenty of swinging on the wheel and no problems :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I use the grab handle on the "A" pillar, and the lower step...... but it is a T3:p

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

I put my right foot on the footstep and right hand holds onto the windscreen frame work and pull myself in...no issues...works every time.

9. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

mine bus is lowered and i'm 6 foot 4 so i don't need to cheat

10. BIGBUB

BIGBUB New Member

im 6"10, yes thats right, my mates wonder how the heck i fit into my kombi..i slide my left under the steering wheel and drag my right leg up with my hands...the worst part is when i have my foot on the clutch and my knee hits the indicator stalk pushing it up and i flash my high beams lol :p..people must think 'what is this kid doing???'...doesn't help that i'm a Learner driver as well lol...not to worry..i found one good use for my height, my third gear always slips out but i discovered that I can hold it in with my knee :) pretty handy :p

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I am so cool I just slide into my Kombi and my Kombi just waits to be tickled behind the steering wheel

12. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

I'm a shortie and I grab the steering wheel.

13. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

You know what? I've never thought about how I get into Daisy! So I just had to go outside and give it a crack. Here are my findings:

Let it be noted for my report, that I am of average(ish) height at just a poofteenth under 6'. So it seems that my preferred method of ingress - making sure I didn't think about it too much of course, or it would have ruined my 'controlled' experiment! - is left leg in, foot in front of the steering column and after a quick (albeit not too hard) tug on the wheel, I'm in and seated.

I took note of how I got out too: I found that dropping my right leg out onto the ground and just sliding off the seat was how it was done. Maybe you could give that one a crack, Baz. Might give your face a break when you get out.

And so concludes my two minutes' waste of time in order for a KC thread reply! All in the name of fun. :p

Prof BargeArse.

(considering a name change to Dr Julian Sumner Miller... :rolleyes:)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  14. btc-er

btc-er Member

I usually ignore the front doors and get in through the slider. Am I the only one that does that?

15. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah right Doc :cool: Having a lower ride stance on your Kombi does allow you to slide in :lol: so suppose if you do not use the step then you cheat :cry:

16. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Yeah, that's the way I try to get out most times, although, at a smidgin under 5'5", I can't just drop my leg to the ground... it's either jump or slide off! Sliding is the norm, as I can tell by the worn paint on Janie over the years. Janie does seem to be a few inches higher than other kombis though. :umm:

Baz

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I do that quite a bit - especially if some idiot has parked too close and I cant open my door without hitting them or their side mirror :mad:

But I must admit to grabbing the steering wheel as well.. not too sure how thats going to hold up after a while.

18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Slider is great for shopping centre parks and I dont know hoy the 6'4" and 6'8" can see thru the tint at the top of the window. Since dropping Schmettterling a few inches access is a bit easier for my aging bones and my 5'6" altitude. I thought the primary use of the steering wheel was to help you drag into the seat!

19. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Nice to hear that there's not too many cheaters amongst us. :)

I can't close my sliding door from the inside (weak arms!) so that's not an option for me. I have gone in via the passenger door, but it feels weird and I'm probably even more unladylke than normal. The slide and drop down generally works for me to exit Lola though.

20. generation fade

generation fade New Member

usually a front flip or a backflip depending on how i sleep the night before