1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this meet criteria for performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

So, in line with thread topic ..... What do you reckon re performance about a T2 2.4 litre fuel injected with Twin (that's 2 ) Garrett T2 Turbo's :rolleyes: with highway gearbox and taller 1st gear :eek:

2. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening a kahuna I think twin turbos maybe a bit over kill. VW engines are not on my list of thinks I like so I don't really have much knowledge on them. I have never owned a vw with an aircolled for any longer than it took me to change them to something watercooled 56 split 180b motor 76 split 180b motor 68 baja 180b motor. all these swaps used the same adaptor plate & 228mm kombi clutch on a modified beetle 1600 flywheel .

KahunaKombi likes this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

If its the one that passed me on a run on nth Sydney beaches it would spit out a suby before you saw it indicate. :D

oldman likes this.
  4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Indicate - just like being @ home in Qld :eek: ...... what colour if you can recall - tin top or pop top :rolleyes:

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Think dark grey tintop.
    Guessing bigtime.
    PM sent
    Mark may recall details

6. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

final brake assembly I forgot about the extra adapter i fitted. It offset the rotor in the caliper so i had to have the seal flange nmachined down 7mm. Enough left for seal to run in. Problem solved
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  7. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Originally i Planned on led digital gauges. but my age got the better of me. I went back to analogue. looks better for the age of the kombi. I plan on covering the facia with Leather along with the dash assembly

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Squalo and deeksy62 like this.
  8. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Evening All. Change in direction for supercharging. I'm using the commodore v6 unit now i have to make a fabricated manifold box to mount it to rover inlet. I also have to adapt the throttle body in place of the commodore unit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second design lowered blower ti sit on second plenum body instead of the upper unit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  9. David H

David H Well-Known Member

OMG:eek:.
    Cheers

10. Ron Bunting

Ron Bunting New Member

I hope that was April fools:rolleyes:, but if you need a lower intake I have a spare P76 leyland manifold you could chop open to make a lower blower intake and run injectors under it. I'm in Rocklea,Brisbane if you are ever passing :)

11. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good eveing Ron the p76 is to wide to fit. what did you think was april fools

12. Ron Bunting

Ron Bunting New Member

:eek:the cardboard stuck under it.... it's no good for gaskets and the date you posted it.:D. But in my dim distant past I had a bit to do with supercharging V8's and there would be zero need for the injection manifold like that .When blowing into an engine there is little to be gained by having long intake runners. BTW My neighbor has two of those eatons on his BMW 850.

13. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good evening Rod thanks for any info you can provide. I sat that on the top just to check out location etc I will be running it ontoadaptor palte the straight o lower manifold section that will be milled out to give a full plenum chamber instead of individual runners. Unless you think otherwise.

14. Ron Bunting

Ron Bunting New Member

Heres the approach i would take(and might just do it yet) but with EFi and distributor less ignition . The EDIS set ups are cheap on ebay and very easy to set up. They use Ford EDIS parts with a separate tune able ECU .Just the thing to cope with OZ's ever changing fuel quality.
    http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/MGB-V8-Supercharger.htm

PS I have used a megajolt EDIS system on my Mercedes 6.3 for over 15 years without one single glitch or even maintenance .