1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does this meet criteria for performance

Discussion in 'Performance' started by roverbay, Mar 22, 2013.

1. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Good morning all. been on the wiring again this time i have set up a drop down panel for the headlight high low beam relays handbrake relay the clear one ignition isolation switch. Before feedback I have rubber grommets on the way. Temp gauges are for the rear diff centre transfercase gearbox & front diff cntre

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wiring harness set up to run the gauges ready to be cut to length & fitingd fitted

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

This is the way ahead in wiring. I buy of wish complete light bar driving light harness. ready to go

[​IMG]

the main fuse box with blinker & acc relay arrived today by removing the the relay brackets it allows the fuse box to mount through the ashtray hole. No more laying on the floor checking fuses. the wire is 2 metres long. I bougth the 3 looms off WISH. this 1 was $89.00. the wire is around 2 metres long

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  3. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Hi Ernie saw your post about these harness on fb and bought one for my sons ute the wiring is had it! Also saw the pic of your engine...look familiar? WP_20191220_004.jpg

same as you i made a plenum box to sit on the 253 manifold and just squeezes the charger under the bonnet...should push your kombi alright the ute has so much grunt!

roverbay likes this.
  4. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Tidy looking setup. Any pics of the mainfold arrangment

5. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Ernie I cant believe i didnt take pics of the manifold box i made...closest i've got is this

WP_20180413_006.jpg

sitting the charger on planks to figure the alignment...most important was getting both pulleys in the same plane...the engine is tilted and the manifold tilted so the box i made was lower at one end. With a straight edge over both pulleys have perfect alignment. Made a brace to support the snout and bolts to both heads.

The ute runs dedicated LPG and this is the little box to sit the Impco 425 0n

WP_20180427_004.jpg

I welded a commodore aircon pulley to the utes crankshaft fanbelt pulley and because its smaller bought a smaller charger pulley to compensate and a subaru belt tensioner...all works perfect! ....Oh and Ernie I'm 68 next month....i think its our projects that keep us going!

6. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

My happy son and grandson!

WP_20190326_003.jpg

roverbay likes this.
  7. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

Looks like you used Merbau decking same as my set up

8. tillis

tillis Well-Known Member

Ha...yes merbau is straight and true!

9. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

started the long job of the wiring harness today laid out the seperate sections turned the glove box lid upside down for ease of access to relays etc. I have finished the engine standalone harness. I put everything in their location in the body this is the approx location of the manifold it sit a bit higher the tool box come console sits neat between the front sets It eill be covered with black vinyl. the 2 looms next to it are for the taillight etc the other one is for the four temp gauges on top of dash.

[​IMG]

I plan on covering the dash with black leather. I have trimmer geting me some to use.
    I have located the fuse box relay's for electric handbrake dash ignition isolator swith the rest have to be done yet. wiper intermittant relays front & rear 4 way flasher

[​IMG]

the fuse box loom wire is long enough
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    TeeBee and David H like this.
  10. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I keep watching & my mind goes "OH MY" . Keep it up roverbay:). I watch with much interest.
    Cheers

11. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

My mind is with that dash!:rolleyes::)

12. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

I finally wrapped up the engine harness. I have mounted the relays Inertia swith battery isolater switch & ECU onto a plastic bread board this will mount in the console.[​IMG]
    Before i started going through it

[​IMG]

David H, deeksy62 and TeeBee like this.