1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog Sh** for Sale!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by StenchOfGoat, Mar 22, 2008.

1. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

Hi all,
    I have 3 peices of dog sh** for sale! Firstly I have a peice that has been in a padock for 30 years and is now in my driveway! I have done absolutely nothing to it, and it will cost around 50 grand to put on the road. Yours for just 15 grand! I also have a stale piece that has not quite gone white and powdery yet. It moves and is original colour! It is still a piece of sh** but lets call it rat sh** and I will let it go for the bargain price of 25 grand! Looking good for just an extra 40! Lastly I have a piece of bright shiny sh** that has been given to a panelbeater/painter that doesn't know what the hell they are doing! Plenty of bog, ripples and sub standard paint work all round! Bargain at 40k!! Simply strip back again and have it fixed. Shouldn't cost more than an extra 30. Sound stupid? Anyone tried to buy a splitty lately?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

What are you trying to say o fragrance of goat?

What are you trying to say o fragrance of goat?

Is this a post you may wish to edit when you come back on line?

Cheers

3. zeuspig

zeuspig Active Member

Got any pics?

4. The Brewmaster

Look what I stepped in!

Not shit-stirring o pig of zeus?

5. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

Simply venting. It's frustrating as a seious buyer when you keep getting aproached by non serious sellers. It appears owners with no great desire to sell their bus, put an overinflated price forward, testing the water for suckers. It's not everyone, most people, particularly people from this site have been very helpful. And yes I have seen some busses reasonably priced for their condition. This is just a light hearted warning to all newcomers to check over all prospective purchases thoroughly and buy with your head, not your heart!

6. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hey,
    I looked at this post & thought WTF? Nearly moved it, then read through & saw your reply. A very strange way of getting your point across, but yes, it got it across.

I too despise the sucker-seeking seller. I had it for years in the old Holden game. Going to check out a "Low Mileage & one careful owner" ad in the paper. Driving for a couple of hours, to find it had in actual fact been around the clock 3 times, but was only on 100,000 miles this time & the one careful owner was great, it was just the other 12 owners that bashed hell out of it. Then to get the "I know it's rare, mate. Make an offer" line. This is where I usually hop back into my car & go home before I kill the idiot (Always messy & way too much paperwork).

Yes, there are fools out there who sell cars for over inflated prices....but, the problem is, there are also fools who buy them..

Rob J

7. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

I used to play with the old holdens myself. Down your neck of the woods actually. I'm an ex Devonport boy. It's the same story with all cars unfortunately. Glad I'm not looking for an old monaro right now! It doesn't seem that long ago that an hk/t/g was about $1500.

8. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

LOL..
    True. You don't want to know about the genuine XY GT that I knocked back for $3,000 as it was dismantled.... Still had the original tyre on the spare wheel

Stoopid, stoopid.....

9. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

I feel your pain. I wanted to buy an immaculate phase 3 in 1990 as an "investment for my future". It was 40k and my dad wouldn't co sign the loan with me. He reckoned no xy was worth 40 grand and cars weren't serious investments. I think the sensible super fund I started instead has about 3 grand in it now. Hey! 3 grand! Is that disassembled chook tin still around?

10. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

LOL.....Nice.
    As far as I know, that GT was re-assembled & is a rare build apparently. Upwards of $100k for that GT I was told by a guy in the know :(

Rob J

11. kanaka

kanaka Member

I feel you pain every bus I hear about is sold in hours or way overpriced but the hunt will continue

12. The Brewmaster

Thought you may have been tired and emotional

My initial reaction was that at 1.15am you had had a few and that you were a little tired and emotional about kombis and restorations.

That's why when I saw you post before I was going for a surf , I would bring in a little humour in case you had second thoughts. A get out of jail card so to speak.

4 Hammers post summed up what a lot of other
    "I looked at this post & thought WTF? Nearly moved it, then read through & saw your reply."

Glad you clarified it with another post.

All too easy to post something and then have others chastise you for your choice of wording.

Cheers
    Brett

13. StenchOfGoat

StenchOfGoat New Member

No worries mate, thanks for that.
    Tired yes, emotional yes, few drinks yes yes yes! Dealing with the frustration yes, still looking for a good bus YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. The Brewmaster

Not a problem!

Not a problem!

Words can get you in trouble by themselves, let alone in context they can be interpreted or the tone they are spoken.

I am married after all!

............................Opps did I say that out aloud?

Sorry dear .............. aka Toni J.

Cheers mate
    Brett

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

To by pass your frustration, maybe you should try and get your self motivated to by a different kombi.

brian :) :) :)

16. Zed

Zed New Member

Cheap splittie.

I bought a 65 Splittie in 1980 - it was my first car. It was a fully decked out camper with everything in it including the original annexe. The paintwork was original and it was rust free. I bought it for 1500 bucks and sold it 3 years later for 1200 - and yes, I still give myself a smack behind the ear every time I think about it!! I've been trying to save for a bay or T3 Kombi for about 3 years now, but with 4 kids and a mortgage it's almost immposible - and Tattslotto would be the only way I'd be able to afford another splittie.
    Regarding the old Holdens - when I sold the splittie I bought a HT wagon which had a GTS Monaro steering wheel fitted. My brother inlaw is currnetly restoring a HG Monaro and just picked up a GTS steering wheel on ebay for - get this.....$2,500. The world is going mad!!
    Ash.

17. Archeress

Archeress Guest

18. markeymagicbus

markeymagicbus New Member

its the same over here in england , and the very reason i bought a t3 :cool:

plus its got a decent heater , which is a must at the moment

19. gemma

gemma New Member

No.
    I don:t think so !