1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domed hubcaps.

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Scott Neilson, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Scott Neilson

Scott Neilson Member

G,day,

I just had a Bullbar put on my Kombi & was chasing a new hubcap to finish it off. I currently have the ones attached in the photos all round. I am chasing one to match. I have tried Micks Motors & a couple of others to no avail. Anyone know where i could get one? cheers

IMG_2100.jpg IMG_2101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

They have the Wolfsburg Crest on them - ebay a place to start the search or some overseas suppliers ;)

3. KahunaKombi

Ok a quick check and on ebay :)

Air Cooled Accessories is a place to check ...... you'll need to confirm the shape and how they have been put on to your rims :rolleyes:

4. Scott Neilson

Scott Neilson Member

Ok thanks. I checked with Micks Motors if they had them via email. The guy was amazed that i have had the car a year & not thrown a hubcap. ( touch wood) as they are not kept on with any clips etc. Now i understand why Leon at Leons Motors left them off for me to put back on when doing a service on my car.

David H likes this.
  5. KahunaKombi

There are other mechanics around who prefer not to put hubcaps back on :eek: ...... WHY? ..... well if not an original they've been caught out before as the hubcap may dent and they've been abused for the "minor" damage caused &/or they may have tried and were not happy that it would stay securely on = customer blames them :rolleyes: if it dislodges :confused: once they leave the workshop ...... personally no issues from me when I've put them back on in front of mechanic ;)

David H likes this.