1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers seat bolts

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by mwizz, Jul 21, 2019.

1. mwizz

mwizz Member

Hi all, I need to replace the bolts in the frame of my splitty's drivers seat. The bolts in there were not right and very rusty. Can anyone please advise the length and size of the bolts that I need please. pic of my seat below.

[​IMG]

I have had it sandblasted and powder coated but just need the right bolts.

Thanks
    Mark

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. mwizz

mwizz Member

Also one other question. What is the use of the slightly diagonal rod that runs across the base of the seat. There is an adjustor on the left but not sure what the rod in the centre is supposed to do.

3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

To put the two halves together originally it was a rivet that held the two together. You may have to make your own using a clevis pin and put a groove around the pin and then using a E clip to hold it on,once you have the two halves of the seats together and of course you cut the pin to the required length.
    To put a groove around the pin,put the pin in the drill press is best and use a fine cutting disc on your Dremel and turn both on to get your groove and keep measuring it until you get the size that fits your E clip. Metal lathe is better to do the groove if you have one.
    692.jpg
    I can take a photo of the back half if you need required but looks like you may be missing a few bits unless you have them off already elsewhere.

David H likes this.
  4. mwizz

mwizz Member

Thanks Wayne

5. mwizz

mwizz Member

If you could take a photo of what the back part looks like with the pin in place just to give me an idea that would be much appreciated.

Mark

6. Wayne murray

The back of the seat looking at the bracket that screws the backrest onto the base seat
    IMG_20190723_185055.jpg IMG_20190723_185202.jpg IMG_20190723_185101.jpg
    under the seat at the angle adjusting rod from front to back
    IMG_20190723_185130.jpg IMG_20190723_185325.jpg
    The rivet on the outside.
    IMG_20190723_185551.jpg
    inside of the rivet. I can't show you the pin I made at the trimmers. The groove would go on the inside with the E clip . If you need better photos I'll do it on weekend and take seat out.
    IMG_20190723_185903.jpg

TeeBee likes this.
  7. mwizz

mwizz Member

That is great thank you Wayne. I don't expect you to take the seat out. It has given me a good idea on how it should look.

Mark

8. Wayne murray

If it needs to come out there is no problems at all. It does slide out:)

9. mwizz

mwizz Member

I guess if it was at all possible to see what the pin looks like on the inner part of the frame where the two frames join together that would be very handy

10. mwizz

mwizz Member

Update - I've found a couple of bolts that will do the job and although not original I think they will do fine.

Thanks again Wayne for your help as it gave me a couple of ideas to work through.

Wayne murray likes this.
  11. Wayne murray

I got side tracked last week,I remembered the photos this week.;Hope these are what you want are useful for you. Let me know if you need any others.

715.jpg 716.jpg 717.jpg 718.jpg 719.jpg 720.jpg

12. mwizz

mwizz Member

That's excellent Wayne thank you.