1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eden 2008

Discussion in 'The National Kombi Club Bus Stop 2008' started by ruby6689, Mar 23, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Let me start by saying THANK YOU to everyone that came and made it such a fun weekend. I have just driven home through the worst traffic ever and am so tired but I will get photos uploaded tomorrow.

The location was so lovely. The park was in a great spot with the beach on one side and the lake on the other. The 10.00PM noise curfew just meant that we carried on over at the beach. We had a real variety of weather but the rain held off for the best part of the whole weekend until later today. The people who ran the park made us feel very welcome and I have an announcement about that later.

As Lorraine said earlier..we had to have at least one casualty... and that came down to the 85 Caravelle.. it cooked in horrendous heat and traffic at Nowra on Thursday afternoon after Scott being sent the wrong way by the guy at the bottle shop after asking for directions to the caravan park..oh well.. it was going to happen eventually... and at least we had a spare..just meant I had to unload one child off onto Lorraine and Andy in the Nissan Patrol (aka Convoy Support Vehicle).

Dean's (ModelJets) Krumbli struggled to get there on 3 cylinders and ended up at the end of the weekend getting a lift back to Qld on the back of a truck. Jules's Gav had a couple of issues over the weekend but she is very resourceful and will be back on the road very soon.

Jacqui's paintjob was still drying when we met up on the F3 to join in with the Queenslanders. Its a work in progress and still has a little bit more to be done. Looks fantastic as you will see in photos.

We had dinner last night at the Fishermans Club and the waitress took a shine to us. They put us in a function room, the food was very nice, reasonably priced and fast. It really finished things off for us as a group. We had 41 Kombi's photographed, 44 kombis in the park and I'm sorry but I didnt do a people headcount, but I would say 100-120 adults and kids.

Glen (GlowMonkey), you are so clever and have a way with teaching the kids and adults that it makes it fun to watch for everyone. Thank you.

So much happened over the weekend that I am afraid to miss bits out...
    The awards that were given out will be listed later. The trivia was just for fun and Roy... next year we need a P.A.!!! Phew!... more tomorrow. :)

2. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Still Recovering

After a long drive back yesterday, finally made it to Melbourne at a reasonable enough hour to have a long hot shower and another beer, just because I didn't have enough over the weekend.

First off, the location was fantastic!!! The beach was perfect, except for the water temperature, the facilities were perfect. Soph was amazed that someone was cleaning the women's toilets at midnight on Saturday. I guess that's what happens when you get 100 or so crazy Kombi people together.

The crazy mask/trivia night was a load of laughs. Lots of various masks, from chicken heads to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

The sun was out on Sunday for our cruise, which I am sure helped clear a few heads from the night before. Certainly helped me. The races on Sunday afternoon where lots of fun. Sorry marty, where kombi had some alignment issues and didn't want to stay on the track. I wonder if they have kombi slot car tracks??

It was fantastic to catch up with old friends, and also to meet a few new ones. It is certain that despite the fact that we only share our passions of kombis, everyone is friendly and helpful, and most importantly of all, a little bit crazy!!
    Hope to get some pictures up tonight (and not yours steph!!).

3. melissa

Eden

Hello everyone, I don't usually post as most of you know ( Tom) and when I do its usually after a few - and its a load of rubbish. I had a great time at Eden. My car blew a motor , but these things happen. Thanks to my little pal Kieran for organising the car to be stored at his dads place until I organise for it to be towed home. Also, thanks to Dean for giving me a lift from Nowra to Eden. We had a good drive and chat on the way down. I went from a car that blew a motor to a car that was running on half a motor. Gotta love kombis heh!! Thanks to Andy and Lorraine for taking Laine. They have better patience than anyone I know for listening to my daughter Laine for 6 hours non stop. Only kidding, she is a great kid. Now Tom, Melissa can really keep a secret. I was going on the other day that if Tom wasn't going I wasn't. I was making all sorts of excuses. Too far, couldn't be bothered driving, Tom's not going to be there, etc.. Good to get a few waves with you Mick. You are a keen surfer. Surfing on the South Coast only in a pair of boardies. Got better after you went to Eden surf shop and bought a wetsuit. We found a couple of spots hidden away that not a lot of people would know about. Also, good to see that Wozza and Alice have got there priorities right. Spend all your money on beer and worry about how to buy petrol to get home later. I love it !! Dinner at the club was good and Dave thought that a view of the ocean would be nice, so he pulled down the whole row of vertical blinds. I love it mate. Especially the misterious Mr. Chicken head, who only comes out at night. Anyway this post is already too long . All the best to everyone in the Kombi Club that was at Eden. Too many to mention here. You are great people and I will see you all again in Dubbo!!! next year. Scott.

4. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

your a mullet scott hahahahahah !!

was such a great time , if only people knew !! about your mullet

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Great posts (and pics) folks. Just whetting my appetite for MORE!!

I didn't realise Scott had a mullet - didn't seem to be on his head when I met him on Thursday night, so Tommy must be talking about a fish he caught. ;)

Excellent work Melissa - you are a true champion. I can't wait to see you at KlubFest.

Bring on DUBBO 2009!!! that's only a 2 day drive for us, and I might be able to convince the family that 2 days is better than 3...... :)

6. melissa

Just to clarify...Scott is a big stirrer and Dubbo is just a rumour he wanted to spread.. ... so many people thought it was gospel!!

7. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Will the real Melissa please stand up?

So do we have the real Melissa back on line or is Scott cross-dressing again?

8. melissa

Its the real deal Brett. :)

9. ttmck

that scott is a cross dresser and loves mullet jokes

you secret is safe bahhhhhhhhhhaaaaa

10. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Let me get this right

Let me get this right

Melissa you are married to a cross-dressing mullet-wearing surfing member of the constabulary.

Lorraine is married to a chaps and red g-string wearing Nissan saleman who drives a a Patrol to a Kombi Club event.

There are pirates and cammoflaged KC members as well. Don't forget the housewife's friend the ever smooth Necro.

Is there anyone normal on this site?

Ba ha ha ha

11. ttmck

And Dont Forget The Mystery Chicken Man !!

12. melissa

13. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say, lets have more photos please.
    So whats this about Scott??? maybe another caption competition coming up?? anyone got a good photo

Really disappointed me and Anita couldn't make it this year but wild horses won't stop me next year.
    Congratulations and a big pat on the back from us, to those that did make it (one way or another, even nissan drivers) you are all bloody legends

Its great to see all this comradery between members, although there are many miles that seperate us all

14. NadsNRossi

NadsNRossi New Member

Ahhh how it sucks to be back at work. We had a short drive compared to everyone else and waved good bye to the northeners at Moruya. THANK YOU to everyone for an awesome weekend! A big thanks to BargArse (Julian) for helping us build our castle annex on Friday arvo over a few beers and toobs, a big big thank you to Glow Monkey (Glen) for climbing under Bella and taking out our snapped sway bar, Rossi says thanks for the lesson on to remove and replace a sway bar 101, Lorraine you had me laughing constantly god love you. Was great to meet so many awesome people and see so many Fabbo Kombis I cant wait for the next journey (im trying to persuade Rossi into hittin Nimbin). Would love to see you all.... And I debunked the myth GIN DOESNT MAKE YOU CRY!!!!!
    Much love and thank you thank you thank you!!!

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Phew we finally got home about 8pm tonite...we left others in Sydney (Julians komb,i like Deans had to be left behind with motor problems :( )
    So we just went ahead & drove straight through to Byron...
    Last word was they were camping around Old Bar somewhere I think overnight...
    Julian got in with Dean sharing his hire car & driving back.
    So many road accident with a major one around Kew that blocked traffic for about 2 hours from both directions....
    But I would do it all again in a heartbeat...had a fantastic time..
    Judy x

16. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Hi all just a little eden update, as you may know we have lost a few on the way there and home, deans loss of cylinders, scotts cooking caravelle, and then at Thornleigh on the way to Sydney Bargearse (Julian) decided to have overheating problems and ended up calling for the tow truck and was last known to be heading home i the hire car with Dean. Glowmo had a few little coughs and splutters while cold but as soon as Jacqui and I left the others (Lorraine/Andy and Curtis in lumpybus) and got onto the highway, all was well. I am currently staying at the most lovely Jacqui's house at Belmont and will be heading off in the morning after getting Glowmo checked out by her mechanic, all is well but i just want to be sure as im not heading straight home and still have about 1500kms ahead of me, I think a much emphasised lesson is that reaching into the pocket and making sure all is well is better than trying to make a run for it.

See everybody next year at Port Macquarie (sorry scott it wont be dubbo) i m off to savour my last night with somone to hold until I see her again at Nimbin in 6 short but horribly lonely and long weeks.

Thankyou all for a wonderful time. Glen.

17. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Brilliant - Brilliant - Brilliant time!!!

What a crack-up, from the convoy there to the trip home, there was not a bad moment!!!
    It is such an amazing ecclectic group of people with diverse backgrounds and brilliant histories and stories.
    Booze, food, music, jokes, kombis...where do you go from here???

Hamburg Hotel had a great run home with Felix and his family cargo. Average comfortable speed of about 95 clicks, leisurly lunch, afternoon coffee and a nice run home.

Back to work at 7.30 this morning...that was surreal!!!

I'll post some photos soon on the other thread. Until then...rock on new friends.

Sheriff, Hamburg Hussy, VW-Tom-bi and FireFly.

PS - it was an alcohol free day today - there is a novel idea!

18. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Hey Sherriff
    Just posted a funny pic of you & the lovely Simone on the other post of Eden Pics...lol
    was great to see you all again....miss you lot already ..
    Judy x

19. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

That mask makes me laugh every time I see Sim in it!
    It was great to see you also. Geez, we're just about old buddies now! We're happy about that!
    x

20. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Hey guys... My apologies for ditching the convoy in Batemans Bay yesterday arvo... but I was somewhat hungry and had a complaining bladder and a complaining Kombi so I decided to pike out take the back way round to MickyD's. Ended up having a snooze in the back of BC down at Batehaven whilst I waited for the traffic to dissipate and eventually got home at 11ish last night.

BC makes up I believe Eden casualty no 4 as she has totally burned the ass out of #2 exhaust valve I believe... #2 has been a lazy cylinder for a while now but it now does bugger all. Time for an engine swap... :(

Was great to catch up with some familiar faces again and also to meet a few new ones for the first time in person. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend... particularly our little offroad jaunt that I am not entirely convinced was part of the original plan! :D

The customary Kombi rocking spree was also a grea deal of fun... even if it didnt go down well with a certain couple who decided that their L300 Hippy Camper would fit nicely among our Kombis. As an added bonus I also ended up with a random traffic cone procured from god know's where which is now taking pride of place in my garage alongside the reflector post I reversed the Commmodore over 2 years ago.

I believe I owe thanks to a few people as well... to Julian for giving BC a jump after I flattened her dodgy battery by leaving the fridge on all night, to Woz who kept me from total sobriety after I forgot to buy alcohol before the trip (bloody Good Friday), and to Cornish and Cammo who allowed us the use of varipus cooking utensils that we had lacked the forthought to pack! Allso thank you to whomever it was who rescued Gabriella and I from our somewhat perilous situation.... not ure who you were but I probably owe my life to you. :)

And Melissa, feel free to palm Laine off on us any time... was great fun having her with us, and she very much enjoyed her first cruise in a real Kombi (her words not mine... don't hurt me please!!! :D). I think Scott was worried she'd have driven us up the wall as he almost seemed apolagetic when he came over to thank us for taking her! hahaha

Oh now for my mandatory bitch session... who turned their controller on my channel while I was racing?!?!?! It's a conspiracy I tells you!!!!.... Thanks for picking up the slack and organising the races Allan... as mentioned I got a little on the sidetracked side over the past few weeks and so hence I let it slip.... typical!

Can't wait till next time... thanks for a great weekend all!

Kieran