1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eden, Where Are They

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Split 1, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I think Lorraine has put that one in the calender for September this year

2. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

yep sounds like a winner of an idea to me
    john

3. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

To Broken Hill

To Broken Hill from .....

Caloundra Qld ..... 1539 km
    Brisbane Qld ....... 1451 km
    Newcastle, NSW .. 1134 km
    Sydney, NSW ...... 1158 km
    Canberra, ACT ..... 928 km
    Melbourne, Vic ..... 836 km
    Hobart, Tas ......... 1536 km
    Adelaide, SA ........ 511 km
    Perth, WA ........... 2803 km

As Mich said Lorraine and co were planning a trip to Broken Hill in September.

Cheers
    Brett

4. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Quite a bit of disscussion went on between my self and mel on this topic distance is one thing the main thing is the location meaning venue safe for kids and is there something there that will keep people happy in terms of facilites .& scenery.one other thing KC members are not all young and fit we cater for all ages some people will not rough it and others will some need power some dont some need cabins some ;like poking round in second hand shops , some like taking kids on educational tours get my drift !! kc events such as eden and canberra have turned out to be a huge success and no one could really give too hoots what kombi you drive or what condition it is , there not like vw shows there just get togethers ,its 12mths between drinks for alot of people meaning we only catch up at easter and to be honest with you no one really looked at kombis too hard we just ate together , sang together , drove together.had fun together
    But as i mentioned the next location is along way off and alot of planning goes on, not just on distance alone . to get 40-50 kombis together and satisfy all the people its not easy . the mods will get there heads together at some stage in the next mth or two when the dust settles from eden and it will be announced . just stay tuned but dont worry the thought process has begun . slowly thou .

as for broken hill it might be a good thing that lorraine is going as she can scout !
    its up to her if her trip goes a head which i see no reason why it should not .and thats not saying it will be the silver city for next year .

to have seperate events over easter no way thats why we have seperate sections for events in each state it would defeat the purpose of having the easter event to rotate states , now really are you going to go to W.A. perth or even alice springs ummmm !!
    ive just driven 3200 km round trip and some other sa people also went but planned way ahead and there making a holiday of it . i have done canberra and now eden distance is always going to effect people in some way , this is why canberra happened as the first , i can see one thing happening a rotation of events canberra one eden two then ?? three and then rotate back to canberra . and each time i bet i will have to travel east am i going to complain no damn way , its the people that make it !

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  5. barrypond

barrypond New Member

Bus stop 2009

The old original VW Clubs still hold gatherings once a year at Easter time.They started in 1970 & because of its Australia wide interest (similar to our kombi club) They divided themselves into their states & each state takes their turn to hold the easter meet & get together. They rotate anti clockwise around Aussie. This years was NSW turn & was held at Penrith.. A full weekend (3 days) was organised. Next year is Victorias turn & it is to be held at Bendigo. I reckon it would be great if we did similar. What do you reckon? Bazza

6. ttmck

i agree bazz good idea i think some people think we just pick a spot and run with it with out checking it out first alot of planning goes into such events
    so many different requests to cater for as i said its early days eden has just finished well its still going for some people . let the dust settle pls everyone enjoy the pics from eden on the other thread first !!! before we worry about next location if you missed eden im sorry cant help that

http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=12486

Lets just enjoy eden pics and storys and as i said pls let the dust settle give MEL A BREAK FOR A WHILE

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  7. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

It would be nice to do that, but it could be somewhat impracticle when the meet was in somewhere like Tasmania or NT. I think it is really only possible to have the meet somewhere in NSW as most of the members come from Victoria and Queensland, if it was held in another state we would probably lose too many.

Although maybe one year it could be held in South-West NSW or something so the SA and Victorians could find it more accessible, and maybe it could be held in northern NSW another year. I just can't see it practically working out in another state.

It makes it difficult though for the people who live far away.

8. ttmck

I think people had well over 6mths last time for eden for planning

lets close this topic for a while pls but i thank you for the input
    as i said lets give melissa a little break from it please everyone

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I must make the comment that if you had wanted to be involved, and you live so close... then why didn't you attend?

10. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

i did attend but i couldn't get past the stalingrad gate post and i was not intending to stay overnight since i don't drink and i find loooong drinking parties rather boring, i did walk into the park and i did see a rather small gathering of kombis but not a large gathering of people it would have been about 5.30pm on saturday i assumed people were gathered in there small family groups for dinner.
    the kombi which i had driven down had a door lock malfunction and i had about $500 worth of tools and equipment on board and since i could not get into stalingrad prison i decided to go back home. had there been guest parking i would have come into the park and spent a few hours with your group.
    to find that there were 44 kombies present in a later post i find amazing you should be very happy with the attendance but as i said i visit eden every couple of weeks so i guess i am not as enthused so please don't be insulted on my account.

11. ttmck

sorry kombidaze you missed out ! end of disscussion now or i will close the thread

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You will have a PM in just a few moments.

13. gemma

gemma New Member

Who Will

Who will have one ?!, then.
    Or was this the end of discussion?

14. ttmck

end of disscussion !! way off track to what was the first post pm was sent to another member not going to explain why i think its rather clear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.