1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine rebuilding

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Squidy, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

As Florence the splitty has low compression in one cylinder i`ll be looking at getting some work done on the donk , hopefully not too soon, but was just wondering about who to get to do it as i`m not able to do it myself. Chatted with Mark "Oldman" as I knew he was happy with the work done on his motor by Custom bugs and buses out Penrith way, also Steve at Mckellar my local mechanic said I should talk to Vee dub classic at Kirrawee. Just wondering if anybody else had opinions, dealings with either of the two ?????? I understand that it will depend on what i get done and what I want to do / spend.
    Then my second question is, what should I get done ????? Should I just get what needs to be done (heads or anything else found) or should I save up the pennies and get something with a little more guts n go???? Florence is not a daily driver but we are trying to tidy her up so she looks and runs well. I would ideally love a bit more power. Okay, i`m waffling now, any thoughts would be good

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Spect you need to know what needs to be done OR you need to decide what you want. Maybe just heads will sort you out but the sky is the limit if you want to be a boy racer.

3. 85 Caravelle

85 Caravelle Member

Take it to Steve Muller at VolksMuller ex Kombi Rescue he's the man. He's in Annangrove

4. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

X2 for Steve

5. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Steve is a vw mechanic from way back and his knowledge and skills are hard to beat,when I had my workshop Steve and Adrian helped me a lot with information or parts and transmission work on the later models.

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd agree with ^^ posts. Steve has forgotten more than most will ever learn about VW - just gotta get a spare spot in his diary, that's all. Cheers, Mark