1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite place 2 drive ur kombi...

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Dan_Ling85, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Dan_Ling85

Dan_Ling85 Member

I have a few places I always love driving
    1. around bondi-coogee the bra
    2. The northern beaches always see so many
    kombi's up there it's like our byron bay...
    But I think my favourite place is coming over the harbour
    bridge I feel like I'm on the telstra add.. Lol

I'm still waiting 4 my first trip 2 the
    promise land!! (Byron...) it will happened oh yes it will...
    Lol
    Dan

2. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

I'd have to say my favourite drive would be around Stradbroke Island.
    Bessie and i seem very at home when we visit Straddie.

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Here in Vic, my favorite drive is through Hurstbridge and across to the Yarra Valley (usually with a pitstop at the St Andrews pub) - it has become a regular cruise esp when Woger hasn't had a leg stretch for a while.

We also enjoy driving through the central goldfields - we are especially fond of Maldon.

4. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I love the Drive along the Maleny-Kenilworth-Eumundi road. Either direction, heading Maleny to Eumundi always nice in the morning quick stop at the Kenilworth cheese factory, then a day at the markets, or heading Eumundi to Maleny, again quick stop at the cheese factory and then nice to stop up the top of the range and have Icecream in Maleny or picnic lunch at Mary Cairncross park.

5. Hubert

Hubert Member

No particular route or place :lol:

I just love to drive it:cool:

6. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

Daylesford to Castlemaine and also The Great Ocean Rd.

7. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Our Splitty's love to streth their legs down Northern NSW way, especially Byron and the surrounding areas.

El Concreto had a strut along Hastings Street, Noosa on the weekend. He enjoyed scraping over the speed humps in front of the Richies and Posers :p

8. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

:lol: that would've had the latte set choking on their coffees and cucumber sangas.

9. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

Anywhere :)....But I enjoy going the back way to the sunshine coast from Toowoomba

10. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Tee hee hee, it was awesome! :D

11. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough to have this area as my backyard :D I enjoy driving anywhere in the country but I must admit I get a kick out of just going into Nimbin and back on the weekends especially in Blue Bus. I always get waves, thumbs up and cameras clicking from the tourists but my favourite drives are those in convoy with other Kombi Club members.

12. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

We shall have to come for a visit soon my dear, our Splitty's just love your drive way :)

13. Thomas

Thomas New Member

I'm with Lorraine.
    Anything in a convoy, no matter where, is ultimate.

14. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I've only done a few short Konvoys, but agreed - they were great.

But me, I like the Kombi most at the edge of the edge. The back roads, the dusty side-tracks, the what's-down-here-and-do-i-have-enough-petrol places. The parts sort of between somewhere and nowhere. Not the Tanami track, but the dusty edges of what, in my living memory, were sheep farms where money got trucked around in the latest utes.

It's in these places where you can drive at 70, stick your arm out the window. You can hear the radio, if you want it on. The cricket, maybe. The news. Or something from Godspeed! You black emperor, or maybe whatever Laura, Gregor Samsa, Caspian, Ef or Explosions in the Sky CD was cued on your .mp3 player. You can stop for a cuppa, throw the ball for the dog. Pop the hood and check the engine is still as shiny as you remembered.

It's nowhere in particular, where I want to be. But I'd settle for the great ocean road, in particular the bits between peterborough and apollo bay where you can grab a few bits of seafood from one of the locals and chuck them in a pan adn dig something from Qwoff Cellars out of the pantry. Okay these things I have not yet done in my Kombi but if it works in a '96 rodeo it sure as hell works in a Kombi!

(yes, yes I am missing my Kombi).

15. whoaNellie

whoaNellie New Member

I love driving wherever i go :) :)

16. groover

groover New Member

I would have to say the Ocean Drive at coal cliff and up to Stanwell tops for a great Hotdog with hot mustard, cheese and onion mmmmmmmmmmmm yum.

17. Elroy Waggins

Elroy Waggins Member

I agree with the previous poster that Northern Beaches is tops.
    I also agree that driving anywhere in a Kombi shreds!
    There is also something special about cruising the Pacific Highway to or from Sydney to the Goldcoast, listening to whatever. Checking out the canefields around that way always gives me a buzz :)

18. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

There is nothing like driving anywhere there is people waving smiling & giving you the thumbs up....
    I like to take M & cruise up Main beach here in Byron...he kinda stands out... :lol: ...
    ...we stop & check out the surf....& cause abit of chaos there...:) ....

19. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

i think its funny ..and fun when i pull up next to the bmws and mercs at john ryans school..the kids smile .. wave and point...you hear the odd...."mum i want a kombi"..:lol: ...
    john ryan brings a few boys over to show off HIS kombi...."this is what i did....etc":lol:

also like going down to Tyalgum for a latte..mighty fine coffee:lol:

20. Sandgate/Shorncliffe esplanade on a sunday arvo. Windows all open, friends and/or family in the front for a ride and tunes up loud cruising up and down getting heaps of looks and waves.....