1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow surfers??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by surfajoey, Apr 2, 2008.

1. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Hi Im an old long time surfer on the south coast of Vic. I have a beloved 1973 Kombi camper and would love to hear from fellow surf tragics for general chat regarding waves etc..llok forward to exchange on surf sessions etc..Stay cool Kombi Kragics...

2. greengiraffes

greengiraffes New Member

Hey, its good to have another kombi surfer joining the KC. There are a number of us in the Vic crew that enjoy getting out in the water. Having said that, I just picked up surfing about 6 months ago so I'm not profficient, to say the least:confused: . There are quite a few other surfers in the vic crew. There were 3 of us that made it on the Easter eden trip last month. The swell wasn't great but still fun to get out there. Every now and again the local KC club takes a cruise down to the beach so keep your eyes open. Look forward to catching up with you one of these days.

Cheers,

Greg

3. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Cool Well Ive been surfing a lonnnggggggggg time and still love it...I surf mainly the east Coast Gunnamatta and Westerport...you??

4. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Now your'e talking!...... Surfing

Live in Caloundra and surf from north to south.... all south of Currimundi Bridge.
    • Anne St
    • Neil St
    • Moffat's (headland)
    • Happy Valley (between Calondra and Bribie Island)

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?near=caloundra&q=Moffat's&f=p&btnG=Search Maps&rl=1 Zoom in and centre map on Moffat Beach!

Ride a 9' 5" mal and love old school longboarding.

Have a 5' 7" Bob Cooper twin fin I rode when I was a teenager up on the wal lat home in mint condition.

Would love to get a 6'10" or 7'2" Quad Fin to throw around occasionally when I need to feel like a teenager again! Some good deals on now with many boards being 10 , 20 or even 30% off!

Cheers Joey

Brett

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. HIP13

HIP13 Member

been surfing since i was 9 recently took up kite surfing..by recent i mean 2 1/2 years ago....

I am a long boarder at heart...have an 8 foot three fin mal, an old easter egg board and a thruster....and hopefully will end up with a big 9 foot+ single fin.
    going to have a go at building my own balsa board in a week or so...should be interesting to say the least.

When i get to the beach i make it up to Noosa and anywhere from there down to Redcliffe...not that there is any surf here...

6. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Im into Longboard'n too....

Ive got a 9'2'' Hobie Alter tri-fin and i like to throw it in at either Rainbow Bay,Noosa National Park or Cylinder Beach on Straddie.
    Im lookin forward to watching some action at this years Malfunction.

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Ha ha, check this out. This is me learning to surf at Byron in January. My 12 yo son was like a professional after his first wave, but it took me much longer to master it.

[​IMG]

I can completely understand the addiction though. :)

8. splitbus07

splitbus07 New Member

15 and ride a 9'1" Barry Bennet, and i also have a 9'3" log

Get HEAPS of crap from my mates for riding mal's, my response: "you idiots dont know what you are missing"

also have a 76' baywindow....i live in Manly but i hope to see you in the water on my way around Australia....

Good driving to you

J.

9. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

I Ride 2x7'6' mini mals and just bought a Balin (Rooster) triple stringer swallow tail 7'2"thruster which flys....had a great Dawn surf at Shoreham beach yesterday..which the mal riders love down here,,a great long boarders wave....keep the catch comming Dudes. Both on surfing and the kombis!!

10. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Come on guys is this all the surfers on this site???Dont be afraid to drop in and make a comment..Grommets welcome too..long boarders, short boarders even body boarders are cool!! the more the merrier!

11. kombicad

kombicad New Member

me too

i have to fess up, i'm another longboard tragic. i changed careers so i can work from home & surf when i want.( thats my taking on events & i'm sticking to it ) helps living two streets from the beach. i surf on the central coast of nsw. a sneaky little reef / point break called blue bay. i ride an old mark rabbidge 9'4" as my main board. i also have an 8'6" cross between a mal & a gun that i made myself. best for fast beach breaks. i have a 7' wizzsticks shorty but my back has stopped me riding it anymore. surfed and sailed since i was small. it's good to see so many others with the bug. as kelly slater said "surfing is like tha mafia. once your in there's no getting out". have to admit i love this time of year as the water starts to get colder. all the summer surfers disappear. sunny cold days with a gentle offshore & a slow ground swell. bliss!

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

My husband Scott is in Tonga right now surfing with his mate. He has sent me messages and I got a call through today to him. They got there Monday evening, got good waves Tuesday. He says the surf is a bit small at the moment but is expected to pick up by Saturday. He tells me the water is 28 degrees!!! Like surfing in a bath! They are at some surf resort and there are only 4 people there...he is having a ball.

[​IMG]
    He loves this photo so I'm sure he wont mind me putting it up

[​IMG]
    And this one was at a wedding we went to.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  13. Kombirod

Kombirod New Member

Another longboarder

Hey all

I live in Manly, gotta love the crowds

I mainly ride a 9'4" but also have a 9'8" and a 10'.

Just got a shorty this summer - an 8'

Also have been on a 11' stand up since last summer and love it, paddle out to the bower, crack afew waves and then paddle home.

I too am lucky enough to work at home and almost surf whenever i like.

One of the main reasons I bought the S/C was because I got stuck at home and the surf up at long Reef was going off and I had no way of getting there.

would love to catch up with any surfing members in Sydney for a social surf and chat?

14. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Crappy Surfer on the right!

I hear the guy on the right is a real crappy surfer!

[​IMG]
    And this one was at a wedding we went to.[/QUOTE]

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The one on the right is Mark Richards isn't it?

16. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes it is. ;)

I also notice Brett that your post count is shrinking again! What are you doing???

17. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

hey joey and all the other surfing KC crew,i'm on the goldy and usually surf a bunch of different boards including a 9'6" scott dillon D-fin,8' morris mini mal,6'8" Mc coy single fin and a 6' MR twinnie.
    Ive also got a collection of single fins in need of repair but i've had to put them on the back burner while i do up my first kombi.
    isn't it funny how your priority change.
    I'm sure we'll all cross paths for a surf at some stage but untill then keep living the dream.
    cheers glen

18. kombicad

kombicad New Member

scott dilion

those scott dilions are a terrible board. you should sell it to me . . . . so it dosen't take up room in your van.

cheers,
    glen

19. surfajoey

surfajoey New Member

Guys with the massively bad weather we had yesterday hughy has deliviered a massive swell into the reefs..with offshore NW winds althoguh blustery!!
    Unfortunately Im unable to take advantage of it this morning. maybe later tonight. I think my OKE 7'6' SOFT PINTAIL MINI MAL..ITS MORE LIKE A GUN BOARD..IDEAL FOR THE BIGGER WAVES.

Surfs up dudes....good to hear everyones tales and see the pics. keep it up!!

20. yellow pencils

yellow pencils New Member

Burleigh Heads local here..however may cruise round to Currumbin when the kids want to potter around and bodyboard on the 1/2 footers...being as the twins have just turned 3 and big sis is 5.
    Last surfed yesterday at 5pm...water was fantastic and warm and clear..surf was rubbish...but hey, at least I got a play.