1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festival of Flight August 2010

Discussion in 'QLD' started by BigRed74, May 11, 2010.

1. BigRed74

BigRed74 New Member

Hi Everyone, The last 2 years i have attended the Festival of Fight weekend at Watts Bridge west of Brisbane, and would like to think it would be a great opportunity for a FUN RUN week end.
    There is on display vintage aircraft and various vintage cars and motorcycles orginised by other clubs, why not kombi's. There are camping facilities available, 15min to shops if required. See the link posted and contact originiser.
    http://www.wattsbridge.com.au/welcome/page.html

See you there. Bigred74 (Noel & Family)

2. Guzzler Chief

Guzzler Chief New Member

Hey Bigred, looks like this could be quite a hoot, do you need to book to camp out, who do you need to contact ?

3. BigRed74

BigRed74 New Member

Festival of Flight

Gday Guzzler,
    Im a member of a club out there, so i would suggest contacting the orginiser via the weblink.
    Myself and a few fellas where selling drinks from the clubhouse and i sware i got RSI from opening the esky everytime someone wanted a drink.... i think if someone was to orginise a few people to display there kombi's and participate in the event im sure something could be arranged.
    every year seems to get bigger and better,last year we had the LAST Carabou to be seen at a airshow,it was great.There are even young cadets camped on the feild. So if you like old aircraft, wanna camp out for the weekend, display your kombi,make new friends a good time could be had by all. bring warm cloths mornings and nights can be cold, bring a camera etc etc See you out there. Noel Some of these old aircraft go faster then a kombi down a greased mineshaft...?